Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
ive started on them theyre a pain in the :redblob" ive taken quite a bit out of them. theyre not bad in stock form theyre just bulky and they have some tight spots. here are some before and after pictures. im polishing them now those are rough from porting.

i have both heads im keeping one stock.im going to flow bench them once im done to compare the results :D

intake before and after

exhaust before and after

Reactions: ]<ing and 08crewcab

·
Premium Member
141,094 Posts
Nice mod. :cheers:

·
Registered
323 Posts
just wanted to make sure you know not to polish the intake ports those need to be hit with sandpaper rolls and also it looks like you grinded on the valves guides some i couldnt really tell for sure but if so they need to be replaced

sent from my verizon wireless 4GLTE phone

·
Banned
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
just wanted to make sure you know not to polish the intake ports those need to be hit with sandpaper rolls and also it looks like you grinded on the valves guides some i couldnt really tell for sure but if so they need to be replaced

sent from my verizon wireless 4GLTE phone
wow ur taking tips off old iron head porting??? :bangit: i am porting the heads just like i port ls heads and the valve guides will be ok they are pressed in and i touched them up a bit to shorten them.

·
Registered
5,522 Posts
Keep us posted. Thanks for stepping up & doing this. You hitting the track?

·
Registered
422 Posts
Did you grind the short side radius and lower the floor on the exhaust port?

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
awesome subscribing! BJ (a little off topic) i recently ditched the S&B intake and i am currently running stock box with knn replaceable and want to do the ram air mod. i know you run the stock box as well, i am probably going to get another intake but before i do id like to hear from you why you're running the stock intake? nitrous purposes? or did you find a more linear power curve from the stock setup? thanks man

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Subscribed

·
Banned
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
awesome subscribing! BJ (a little off topic) i recently ditched the S&B intake and i am currently running stock box with knn replaceable and want to do the ram air mod. i know you run the stock box as well, i am probably going to get another intake but before i do id like to hear from you why you're running the stock intake? nitrous purposes? or did you find a more linear power curve from the stock setup? thanks man
never took it to a dyno but im getting great maf gm/s readings @ wot throtle before cams my peak was 282 @ 5400 rpms now with the cams its 292.52 @ 5400 rpms so its letting good amounts of air in :)

·
Banned
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Did you grind the short side radius and lower the floor on the exhaust port?
toughed it up just a little to smoothen it i didnt take hardly anything off thats the lowest part and can break through a water jacket which i dont want to do.

·
Banned
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Keep us posted. Thanks for stepping up & doing this. You hitting the track?
they are extra heads i got from a core engine. ill sell them if they flow good numbers if not ill just keep working on them.

·
Registered
84 Posts
they are extra heads i got from a core engine. ill sell them if they flow good numbers if not ill just keep working on them.
Any update?!

·
Registered
2,408 Posts

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
he got banned...ill hit him up on fb and see if he ever did this!

·
Premium Member
4,915 Posts
Here is a close estimate of what VK56 cylinder heads flow....
\
Here is an Stock vs ported flow bench results on a VK45DE cylinder head (FX45, M45). The VK45 are nearly identical to the VK56 in terms of valve size and other components, the only thing different somewhat is exhaust port shape and maybe the intake, i can't remember... but this will give you an idea of where the VK56 heads stand in stock flow and what could be gained from hand porting... Waste of money in my opinion, just add boost.... lol The VK56 heads could be polished and cleaned up and have the valves and combustion domes ceramic coated and maybe 1mm oversize valves, but I would leave the overall porting alone... $4000 in a full head job is almost a supercharger kit...

JWT cams and a better intake manifold, then some Spray or Boost with a set of forged rods/pistons, you will have a 600-700rwhp Titan on pump gas, don't forget low compression...

If you are going to do any porting, port the exhaust side and port match the intake and exhaust ports.

Plus this graph above stops at .375in lift (intake) and .318in lift (exhaust), the Titan goes up to .430-.450in lift with JWT cams/springs,

Stock lift on both VK45 and VK56 are nearly the same, so the stock flow bench numbers on the VK45 are nearly the same on the VK56, give or take maybe 5-10cfm on both intake/exhaust...

So the stock titan heads at .400-.450in lift probably flow on the intake 290-300cfm easily. Thats enough to make around 600hp (crank) all motor with the right ITBs and cams, exhaust, compression and turning her to 7500-7800rpm.

Either way, this is the closest to finding out (at this time) what the VK56 titan heads flow... Why didn't NISSAN add CVTCS to the exhaust cams....AHHHH!

Brodo420 spent a ton of money on getting his heads done and only made 342rwhp... (firelifes and other CVTCS titans make around that without cams...)

The intake manifold is the biggest restriction... and I have found the key lol! I'm sure there are some other sneaky petes on this forum who are dabbling in manifold stuff, but everyone knows that i'm about the Porsche Cayenne Manifold for sure!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi my name is henry I own a 2008 titan se 4x4 nismo just had the whole motor rebuilt you know jdn flat top pistons and on I'm having a intake manifold made just for the truck on dano a 1000 HP. Stop my truck is 3/4 ton 4x4 on Dana 65 axels she is #271 of #300 I run a C# motor parts are HARD to find any one now of a nismo titan?

·
Premium Member
...08 Pro4X...
70,187 Posts
A 3/4 ton Nismo Titan??? One does not exist. This post smells a little funny, besides the running on sentence and making no sense.

Reactions: Thewarriordinghy
1 - 19 of 19 Posts