Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:blueblob: I did it fellas. I just bought my new suspension for the Titan this morning from PRG Greg. Sway-A-Way coilovers w/ PRG UCA and Donahoe Racing rear shocks! I'm so damn excited, I feel like a kid in a candy store!:teethmast I was waiting for a long time to decide what I wanted to buy (aka - I'm a tight *** when it comes to buying things) and today, I hope I just made a wonderful decision.

P.S. - I could not have had any better customer service than what I had with Greg. He answered all of my questions and lead me down the best path for my application. Customer service is absolutely #1 in my book.
:cheers:

·
Registered
6,373 Posts
You are so screwed!....Everyday it's going to be "is it here yet?"....followed by the desire to call in sick to install...

And yes, Greg & Jen are the best!

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
Well... Your not the only one. Me too. Sounds like we are alot alike. I justed wanted to make sure I have the best stuff for my trucks usage. Which is 99 percent street and I love to hunt. Greg recommended to one inch block for me instead of the Deaver mini-pack. Greg said if I wanted to upgrade to the mini-pak after that he would credit me for the block kit. Great customer service.

SAWS
PRG UCA's
DR rear shocks
1" block kit.

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
Juday said:
:blueblob: I did it fellas. I just bought my new suspension for the Titan this morning from PRG Greg. Sway-A-Way coilovers w/ PRG UCA and Donahoe Racing rear shocks! I'm so damn excited, I feel like a kid in a candy store!:teethmast I was waiting for a long time to decide what I wanted to buy (aka - I'm a tight *** when it comes to buying things) and today, I hope I just made a wonderful decision.

P.S. - I could not have had any better customer service than what I had with Greg. He answered all of my questions and lead me down the best path for my application. Customer service is absolutely #1 in my book.
:cheers:

What size tires are your going to run?
Ty

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
TYTAIN said:
What size tires are your going to run?
Ty
The same tires that I have on there now. 285/70/17 BFG AT KOs. I think they'll look just fine (for now at least). When I get some more money in, I hope you buy some MT tires (I have my mind set on the new BFG MT T/A KM2). But, that'll be awhile until my bank account can recover from the blow it just took this morning :lol:. It's nice to hear someone else bought the same exact thing...that way if I have any problems installing it, you'll be the one I talk to :lol:. Best of luck to you and your soon to be new suspension :cheers:

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
I think I'm going with the 315/70/17 BFG All Terrains. My stock off-road tires are at 32K so there almost gone. Hopefully it's all going to work out and look good.

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
questions for loufish: did you do the install yourself, or have someone else do it? if you did it yourself, what are some tips to make this go easily and PITA free? how long did the install take you (assuming you did it yourself)? if you did not install yourself, how much (roughly) did it cost you to get it installed? Thanks in advance. :cheers:

·
Registered
6,373 Posts
questions for loufish: did you do the install yourself, or have someone else do it? if you did it yourself, what are some tips to make this go easily and PITA free? how long did the install take you (assuming you did it yourself)? if you did not install yourself, how much (roughly) did it cost you to get it installed? Thanks in advance.
I'm a professional mechanic, so all work on my truck is done by me. It's all straightforward, but if you've never done this type of work, or don't have all the tools that make a difference, it can be overwhelming...

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
loufish said:
I'm a professional mechanic, so all work on my truck is done by me. It's all straightforward, but if you've never done this type of work, or don't have all the tools that make a difference, it can be overwhelming...
well, i bet the install for you was quite easy huh? I've worked on cars before (like my '51 and my buddies AMX Javelin 401), but I have never worked on a suspension. The rear shocks look to be fairly easy to replace, but the new UCA looks to be a bit challenging. Accessing those bolts looks like it's going to be a PITA! I don't know how difficult it is to change the coilover, but I'm hoping it's not too difficult. I might just do the rears and have a shop do the whole SAW w/ UCA swap. I dunno :dunno: All I know is that I want these babies put on so I can go have some FUN!! (first they have to get here) :lol:

·
Registered
6,373 Posts
The rear shocks look to be fairly easy to replace, but the new UCA looks to be a bit challenging. Accessing those bolts looks like it's going to be a PITA! I don't know how difficult it is to change the coilover, but I'm hoping it's not too difficult. I might just do the rears and have a shop do the whole SAW w/ UCA swap. I dunno All I know is that I want these babies put on so I can go have some FUN!! (first they have to get here)
If you ordered the PRG upper arms they are a little easier to install then the T/C ones, and the C/O is really easy...The rear Deaver mini-pak can have issues with jacking and getting the rear end far enough away to dissemble the rear spring pak...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts