Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i can not put on my bed extender with my 4wheeler in the back that sucks i needed it and i can not pick up my tail gate:soap: so now i have to strap everything down

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i can not pick it up enough to set it in the brackets i do not have a utilty bed

·
Premium Member
44,299 Posts
are straps really that difficult?
just get a decent set of ratchet straps and throw one around the back.......

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
no it was just alot easier to throw on my bed extender and not worry about anything

·
Premium Member
44,299 Posts
I hear ya, but you just seemed to go a little over board over the issue.
Don't worry, be happy!

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
the point is i did not have any tie down all i had was some little cheap ones my dad has my good ones so i had to go run and get some more

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
bed extender or not you should still have that ATV strapped down on at least 2 locations, 4 is better. Good ratchet straps will set you back maybe $20.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
I must be missing something in regards to how the extender works. Did you get a newer 4wheeler and it is too long for you to use your extender? Did you get shorter and can no longer reach all the way up? Not picking on you, just trying to figure out a way to maybe offer help.

WalMart 4-pack of ratchet straps $12. Why worry?

·
Registered
486 Posts
Dont worry about it, its almost time for you to go back offshore where i am.lol

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
I have had my extender on with my quad(trx450r) in the back. I had to work to get it in the brackets but I still strapped everything down. I jumped up on the back of the quad and worked the extender over the back of the quad. It took about 5min to do but it was on and I did not lose anything. I normally don't use it but it made it easier to strap my camping chairs and some other misc. stuff too.

·
Premium Member
4,025 Posts
You wanted to just put the extender on and no straps? What happens if you get hit in the rear, even a minor hit? The multi hundred pound quad comes out of the bed and most likely you'd get sued because you made no effort to keep it in the truck. Hopefully I'm wrong and am just mis-understanding you.

Clint

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
no i try not to strap it down once i almost fliped my other truck i had to swever really hard not to hit some *** hole that cut infront of me. the bike started to flip and i felt my truck about to roll over but i corrected just enough and saved it when i stopped the back tires from the 4wheeler were just about on top of my bed. i only had the front straped down so i rather lose a 4wheeler then my whole truck and the people riding in it with me

·
Registered
96 Posts
Im sorry but I can't follow this thread...

·
Registered
249 Posts
I'm also having a hard time with this...
I seriously don't want to sound condescending, but it's not hard to strap a wheeler down inside the bed, utilitrack or not.
And, I also have a hard time believing that a 600# (if that) wheeler can actually cause a truck to flip over because it's strapped down - I would, however, believe that a 600# wheeler *could* cause a turnover if *not* strapped down, and I also believe that a 600# wheeler *could* cause a death (your own, your passengers, or some '***hole' that may cut you off) if it broke loose and jumped the bed...right into your cab or the '***holes' windshield.

I apologize...I guess that I don't understand. Could be that white_titan05 is upset that he's got a bed-extender thats not working the way it should? After all, straps are cheap, reliable (if you get some decent ones) and pretty much required if you're hauling a heavy load.
Myself, I have 6 pairs of heavy-duty ratchet style straps in my bed tool box.

This is one of those cliches that won't go away: Better safe than sorry!

Again, White_Titan05...I'm sorry that I don't fully understand the problem you're having, but I do have to say that an unrestrained 600# in the bed of a truck is *far* more dangerous than a restrained 600#.

Psychlone

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
aparently it was just a big miss under standing, i just wanted to vent that my bed extender would not work.

and as for p's titan :fu: :futwice:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts