Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
ttz32 said:
Please ignore that the truck is dirty. I just barely rained here. =/

very nice!!
I have been calling around getting prices to get mine done. One shop wants to charge $15 to put in a foam strip on the rubber where it seals against the glass. He said its important on the Titans because the rubber will scratch the tint on the glass. Did they put the foam strip on yours? Is this guy pulling my chain?

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nope, no mention of that. There is nothing additional on my truck.

I'm surprised he "knows" that the Titans are doing that. I guess he would with all of the Titans on the road getting windows tinted at his shop. =)

Craig_SRV said:
very nice!!
I have been calling around getting prices to get mine done. One shop wants to charge $15 to put in a foam strip on the rubber where it seals against the glass. He said its important on the Titans because the rubber will scratch the tint on the glass. Did they put the foam strip on yours? Is this guy pulling my chain?

·
Super Moderator
34,526 Posts
Craig_SRV said:
very nice!!
Last I checked, window tint on front driver's and passenger's windows are illegal in California unless prescribed by a doctor. :teethmast

·
Premium Member
2,763 Posts
37L1 said:
Last I checked, window tint on front driver's and passenger's windows are illegal in California unless prescribed by a doctor. :teethmast
Same rule in Illinois however there are a fair number of low rider vehicles with windows tinted so dark it is impossible to see inside them. Cops hate them and always approach them with weapons drawn. Me, I would rather have a cop approach me with his hands empty.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Looks "unfinished" without the front ones tinted...

Only reason the Cops will approach your vehicle is to compliment you on your good taste...

Either that or you were acting suspiciously or illegally?

·
Premium Member
17,123 Posts
rrumaner said:
Same rule in Illinois however there are a fair number of low rider vehicles with windows tinted so dark it is impossible to see inside them. Cops hate them and always approach them with weapons drawn. Me, I would rather have a cop approach me with his hands empty.
I guess you can get busted for driving with tinted windows in another state even if legal in your home state:

http://www.kscourts.org/ca10/cases/2004/01/03-4084.rtf

·
Registered
727 Posts
$30.00. Front doors only slightly lighter than back. 20% tint. Lifetime guarantee “or until they go out of business uh”

·
Registered
109 Posts
I got mine for half price because they did it after the deal was made. Woulda been $50 but I got it for $25. Wasn't too sure I wanted it at all but it looks nice and I like it more all the time. It has to help protect the interior from the sun too!

·
Registered
59 Posts
37L1 said:

My Chevy 1500 had the windows blacked out and I was never bothered. Ill take my chances, having those windows darkend makes a huge difference in the So Cal summer!

·
Premium Member
17,123 Posts
smoketitan said:
i always wondered about tinting the front winshield also does it decrease visibility or anything?
Tinting decreases visibility at night. I think that alot of states only allow tinting of a narrow strip at the top of the windshield, where it will shield against sun during the day, but not interfere with visibility at night.

·
Banned
2,155 Posts
had mine done a shade lighter than the back 3 and the added shade it provides is phenomenal and keeps the titan from boiling inside. you can still see with absolutely no problem at night, either from inside or outside. i highly recommend it, plus it looks a helluva lot better. :eek:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts