Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked my Titan up from Performance Driveline in Danielsville, PA where I had a Detroit Locker Truetrac installed. It seems awesome. I'm not one who purposely spins tires very often, but I must have tested this thing with one tire on dirt and one on pavement at least 10 times tonight. It really hooks up well. I know its been discussed at length here, but the Truetrac seems to have increased rear traction dramatically.

The shop ordered the Truetrac and bearings ($575), and installed them for another $230. With tax and synthetic 75w-140 gear oil, the total price was $890ish. I've only had my Titan for a month, but this new rear seems outstanding. All and all, I'm very happy with the money spent.

·
Premium Member
9,417 Posts
Congratulations.

I do suggest that when it rains, you test it out in a safe space because on a corner, you can feel some spin!

·
Registered
11,278 Posts
matt33 said:
I just picked my Titan up from Performance Driveline in Danielsville, PA where I had a Detroit Locker Truetrac installed. It seems awesome. I'm not one who purposely spins tires very often, but I must have tested this thing with one tire on dirt and one on pavement at least 10 times tonight. It really hooks up well. I know its been discussed at length here, but the Truetrac seems to have increased rear traction dramatically.

The shop ordered the Truetrac and bearings ($575), and installed them for another $230. With tax and synthetic 75w-140 gear oil, the total price was $890ish. I've only had my Titan for a month, but this new rear seems outstanding. All and all, I'm very happy with the money spent.
I smile every time someone gets the TT and I know you are, lol.

·
Registered
6,373 Posts
Congrats on the TT. Change your oil after about 500 miles, like the TT Manual says. I got lots of gray gasket material out when I did mine. Many never mention changing the oil later. Enjoy the TT. :)

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
TitanBlue said:
Congrats on the TT. Change your oil after about 500 miles, like the TT Manual says. I got lots of gray gasket material out when I did mine. Many never mention changing the oil later. Enjoy the TT. :)
I already picked up 3 quarts of Amsoil SD 75w-140 for the 500 mile change. Unfortunately, it doesn't come in a squeeze bottle the way Mobil1 does. Anyone have an easy solution?

·
Premium Member
141,094 Posts
Maybe one of your buddies has some empty squeeze containers.
Otherwise, you can buy a little hand pump gizmo at your corner parts house for about 10 bucks.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Be carefull in the rain.After i put my headers on and was not use to the power it sent me on a little ride that i was not ready for lol.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Were you happy with Performance Driveline? I have some family in that area of PA and someday when I'm up there I could have them do the work. Been looking for a place that has already done some Tru Trac installs on a Titan.

Once they had the parts in were they able to do the install in 1 day?

·
Registered
224 Posts
Titanic9 said:
Were you happy with Performance Driveline? I have some family in that area of PA and someday when I'm up there I could have them do the work. Been looking for a place that has already done some Tru Trac installs on a Titan.

Once they had the parts in were they able to do the install in 1 day?
I would appreciate knowing this also. While I live about 7 hrs north, I have some family in the relative vicinity as well.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
thclimer said:
I would appreciate knowing this also. While I live about 7 hrs north, I have some family in the relative vicinity as well.
I highly recommend Performance Driveline in Danielsville, PA. Dan (I think he is the owner) seem very knowledgable and professional. He said he had done multiple Truetrac's in Titans as well. He took the time to explain things, he returned my old spider gears in a heavy plastic bag inside the Truetrac box. He showed me that my OEM spider looked great, but he said Truetrac is obviously a huge improvement.

The installation was complete in less than one day. The shop is out in the middle of no-where, but it's fairly nice. I felt fine dropping my Titan off the night before. Theres enough parking and every other vehicle there was pretty nice- I've always considered that a good sign.

·
Registered
6,043 Posts
Can you get me the phone number for that place, it's not too far from me. Do they have Saturday appointments?

·
Registered
123 Posts
I might have to get those guys to put it in mine. I only live about an hour away.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
54warrior said:
Can you get me the phone number for that place, it's not too far from me. Do they have Saturday appointments?
Performance Driveline
3906 Mountain View Dr
Danielsville, PA 18038
(610) 760-0145

I don't think he has Saturday appointments, but you should call him and ask. I know he's involved with weekend racing.

·
Registered
6,373 Posts
That price beats the 400 I paid in NC, or the 480 I was qouted here! Great Mod, and yes, a bit dangerous in wet weather. Try it in a lot to see what happens.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Just be careful in the rain since with the TT you will fishtail badly going around corners (the SLIP control does not kick in since both thire spin at the same speed). In dry conditions however, it can't be beat.....

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Just be careful in the rain since with the TT you will fishtail badly going around corners (the SLIP control does not kick in since both thire spin at the same speed). In dry conditions however, it can't be beat.....
How is the truetrac in the snow? Part of the reason I got it was because I wanted my Titan to be more capable in mud and snow. I was under the impression that it adds substantial traction in slippery conditions.

Doesn't the Truetrac act like an open diff UNTIL a wheel slips?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts