Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took the truck back to the dealer again for a cut down fan belt a couple days ago (Only 16,000 mi) Turned out the Clutch on the fan was bad and cut through the belt. Anyhow I bought the truck new in late Sept of 06 so really never had the windows down much to hear what I'm hearing now. When I put the truck in gear I hear a clinking noise. Not a clunk but more of a higher pitch clink. I've noticed I only hear it after the truck sits. The dealer told me that was normal as that they checked a new truck on the lot as well as a used one and they all made the noise. Now that it's warmer out I've got the windows down more so I'm obviously noticing it more at this point. Just wondering if anyone else hears this or do I have yet another issue to worry about??

·
Registered
2 Posts
mine does the same thing only after it has sit overnight or after work, i hear a loud click, just once then it never does it again until it sits for a long period of time.....

·
Registered
805 Posts
ive been hearing a clicking/clanking noise myself too. especially after the engine is turned off.
its sounds like something is "cooling" off, cuz as time goes by the clicks are farther apart. i stuck my head underneath to see if i could locate it, and as best i could tell it was coming right from the tranny case?
i have noticed that i can also hear it like when the truck is against a wall, like in a drivethru, while the engine is running. i dont know if it has anything to do with the Banks exhaust?
now, i got my truck back in September, and this noise is something recent, so im wondering if it's something new because of the warmer weather now????

no idea if its the same prob as yours.......anyone have any ideas?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts