Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
one of my friends has an f250 super duty, power stroke (I think its an 04)... he called me the other day and started talkin ****. needless to say i opened my big mouth without thinkin. i have an 04 cc LE with big tow... cai and magnaflow exhaust. he is stock. so what do ya think??? Can i take him or, should i lay low till i get osiris?

·
Registered
848 Posts
hobbsy said:
one of my friends has an f250 super duty, power stroke (I think its an 04)... he called me the other day and started talkin ****. needless to say i opened my big mouth without thinkin. i have an 04 cc LE with big tow... cai and magnaflow exhaust. he is stock. so what do ya think??? Can i take him or, should i lay low till i get osiris?
if hes stock your going to spank him. now heres the part where everyone chimes in and says that if he has a chip your going to get smoked. tell him boys:jester:

·
Registered
279 Posts
well i dont know my boss has an 06 f350 with a superchip and we are pretty close

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah, i know. but i've made sure he doesnt. he raced my other friend who has an 06 hemi. he won, but not by as much as me. lol.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i have another question tho... would it matter if he was an 02 03 or 05? I ask cuz i'm not completely sure about what year he is.

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
Ive raced a new F350 stock (listen to the whistle of the turbo its a tattle tale) and spanked him. Ive got the Magnaflow 1 in 2 out a drop in filter and thats all at that time. I just new that diesel was going to eat me for lunch but I didnt hear the whistle so I went. Go for it man, you got him. The year may matter but I dont think they started making the 6.0 an option until 06 so chances are he has the 7.3 and that is not as fast as the 6.0.

·
Registered
279 Posts
yes it will matter the early 03s were still the 7.3 liters and imo they were much stronger then the 04 and ups which are the 6.0s....either way they are dogs stock but an intake or a tune or exuast is a different story...they wake up quick

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
I didnt think they were using the 6.0 until the 06 model. My adopted brother got an 06 brand new in 06 and I can swear he said that was the first year because they were still havein 1st year problems with them. My sister has the 7.3 and that 6.0 will run circles around that 7.3. You are correct, you can get lots of power for very cheap out of those diesels. That is why you have to listen for the tattle tale whistle.

·
Registered
279 Posts
ya i was gonna say but you could still get the 7.3 in the early 03's and the reason a lot of people thought that is because they thought with the new body style came the new motor and thats not how it was....i know that the 7.3's can be fast cause i used to have one i had upgraded internals in the turbo intake exuast and a tune and the truck would go 12.70's

·
Registered
5,338 Posts
oxmach said:
yes it will matter the early 03s were still the 7.3 liters and imo they were much stronger then the 04 and ups which are the 6.0s....either way they are dogs stock but an intake or a tune or exuast is a different story...they wake up quick
The only diesel I've raced was an 01 7.3L F-250 and I spanked it. I won't be racing anymore diesels though!!

·
Registered
279 Posts
AgTitan06 said:
The only diesel I've raced was an 01 7.3L F-250 and I spanked it. I won't be racing anymore diesels though!!
ya i know what you mean man for heavy duty trucks they can be fast

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
oxmach said:
well i dont know my boss has an 06 f350 with a superchip and we are pretty close
haha man didnt you just get your titan yesterday ? and your already racing !!! niceee

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
even if he has a chip you got it. all i got is intake and exhaust, and i beat my friends chevy duramax last week. A stock duramax will smoke a stoke f250. it takes more than a chip that just ups the boost to beat a good gas motor. Hes got a stage 3 hypertech. heres a video....
http://s124.photobucket.com/albums/p36/Leadsled124/?action=view&current=e265421a.flv

and heres an incab after i pinched a hose on his wastegate for his turbo and he gained a 1/2 sec in the quarter mi! he stayed closer this time. would have been pissed if he beat me after i suped his truck up lol
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=1358810272883107416

although he is a crewcab i do believe it doesnt matter much to a deisel. we put 4 people in his truck right before closing and he lost only .1 in the 1/4 lol. gotta love diesels

·
Super Moderator
37,027 Posts
I have smoked several F250's and F350... along the same lines a few F150 as well. If the 250 or 350 are stock you will not have a problem ....

Look for a 4" exhaust ... if you see that expect to get your *** handed to you. Stockers are slow ... but I have seen some monsters ... F250 putting down over 400HP and about 800tq.

Here is a link so you can see some cool dyno's

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-2326647779736623493&q=diesel+dyno&total=127&start=0&num=20&so=0&type=search&plindex=0

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
pretty cool video. they gotta start figuring how to keeo the black smoke down though before i consider one. In Cali the new thing the cops have been lovin is giving tickets for excess pollution or whatever they call it. First offence $380, and 2nd offence $1500. ouch!

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
The 6.0 was first offered late 02, early 03( I had one). They are good for towing but chitty for racing unless it's modded. You will win easy. Put some green down on it. I have spanked one real bad at a light already. Drop the hammer on his crazy ideals and assumptions.:cheers:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts