Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all

I am having troubles with my 2004 Nissan titan truck. My truck is currently in Nigeria. ocassionaly my "brake", "slip","4x4" warning lights come on at the same time. When "brake" light comes one, i loose braking power. sometimes my 4x4 wont come on. I have taken it different technicians in Nigeria and they couldnt diagnose the problem. what should i do

Also, My catalytic converter was vandalized. I am experiencing very bad gas mileage. Computer diagnostic states i am running rich. I can actually smell partially burnt fuel from the exhaust. I really dont know which Cat was vandalized. What should i do. I am currently in US. Should i buy a new cat. If so, which one.

PLS HELP

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
I'd say pick up an ABS sensor or two for the warning lights...as for the cats were they removed or what happened?

·
Premium Member
58,768 Posts
The first thing to check with the slip and brake lights is the brake fluid level. If your cats are damaged the Oxygen sensor will change your fuel/air ratio. That could be causing the rich smell. As far as which cat to buy. Maybe this guy knows

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
@quartz: hahahahahahahahaha. my fluid levels are good. so do u think i should change the cat completely?

@rybo: will the abs sensor affect the "slip" and "4x4" functions of the truck. I think the cat was damaged while someone tried stealing it.

·
Premium Member
58,768 Posts
Cats are not servicable so if you have problems it is normally best to replace them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts