Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Putting my boat in at the ramp is a nail biter. I set the e-brake, but it wont hold the truck and it rolls back and sits on the park lock pin. I REALLY dont like it, and would like to fix this. I know the titan e-brake isnt known to be all that great, but this is ridiculous.

the pedal is pretty soft going down, so im guessing it needs to be tightened up, where do i start?

·
Registered
34,397 Posts
The easy way is to tighten up the 10mm that is right above the parking brake pedal.

·
Premium Member
15,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i will check that tomorrow. what is step 2?

·
Registered
34,397 Posts
You just tighten it up. Turn it a few times and try it out.

·
Premium Member
17,244 Posts
Remove rear calipers and rear rotors wth e-brake off, adjust star wheel to expand shoes until you can barely get the rotor back on.

·
Premium Member
15,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok, so i tightened up the 10mm a few turns and it feels stiffer. It will hold the truck in the driveway without problems. I guess i will find out next boat outing if it helps. Is there a limit to how far that botl can be tightened? i feel like the brakes are still a little weak, but i didnt want to break anything.

·
Premium Member
75,083 Posts
ok, so i tightened up the 10mm a few turns and it feels stiffer. It will hold the truck in the driveway without problems. I guess i will find out next boat outing if it helps. Is there a limit to how far that botl can be tightened? i feel like the brakes are still a little weak, but i didnt want to break anything.
I forget the specs on the pedal adjustment but it's limited, like BAC said the best bet it to take the rear rotordrum off and adjust the screw. if you can, spray the rotodrum with some PB blaster a little before you plan to start.

·
Registered
372 Posts
The pads on both sides fell apart on mine . Just ordered the hardware kit and pads from Rockauto. Any tips on putting it all back together???

·
Registered
131 Posts
p.s. my e-brake pads de-laminated from the shoe cause all types of issues.

Sorry to dig up a 2 week old thread but when yours delaminated did they break into pieces? I had to throw my rotors back on without the shoes and am without an emergency brake until I get a couple days off to replace 'em. Both sides of mine delaminated. I considered attempting to put them back on but a couple chunks were missing so I opted to go without for a couple weeks.

·
Premium Member
15,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Used it for the first time today. Works a lot better thanks guys.

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
If you recently had an axle seal leak, try shooting half a can of brake cleaner in that brake. Mine started working again after doing this, (sort of), but after fording a flooded creek a couple of times in the last month they are back to 100%.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts