1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Premium Member
92,554 Posts
Is this pretty easy to do? I see there's no wiring or splicing to do from the ebay auction write-up. Anybody have these for any length of time? I'm wondering if they will hold up as well as the other HID kits.

·
Premium Member
92,554 Posts
Oh, truck looks GREAT, BTW.... :D :thumbsup:

·
Registered
195 Posts
I just received my H.I.D.'s from this same seller...great price and shipping was fast as h-e-double hockey sticks.

I bought the 8000K kit for both the fogs and lows. I don't know how hard install is because I had a buddy put them in for me, but I know that it only took him about an hour (total) to do both kits:cheers:

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Install is very easy. The hardest part is mounting each ballast which is actually very easy. Other than that it is all plug and play. No splicing, cutting, hacking, or any thing of that sort is necessary.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Nice!!!! I have 8000ks though...

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
Those look nice and white for 4300k :) Similar to the ones I got for my dad that said 5000k for his dodge. Camera is picking up some blue though, or is it just the picture?

I have 8000k too for lows and fogs, but only because I was shipped the wrong color twice. I would definately have gone with 4300k if If it was an option at the time. I asked for 6000k...8000k is too blue. The lows are plug and play but the Fogs can be a little tuffer.

I mounted one set of ballasts on the tray under the headlights (Recommend using 3M/Scotch foam tape) and I mounted the other set under the coolant bottle on one side and washer bottle on the other. This is a better location than the headlight tray, but I like it alot better.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Im glad to see someone actually do it right. I hate seeing people who do hid kits with 8000K-12000K it looks rediculous. 4300k is perfect to me.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts