Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've been lurking here for several months and this past weekend I finally dove in and bought my first truck. It's a 2005 Nissan Titan SE KC 4x4 w/ 30,000 miles and brand new Bridgestone Revo's. I had an Acura RSX prior to the Titan. The RSX was a good car and as such I was able to methodically search for the right deal on a Titan. Initially I was going to buy a new one but I couldn't pass this '05 up.

Here's the skinny:
The Titan was $18,900 and looks absolutely brand new. The dealer gave me $12k for my trade. I was happy with everything but the tires on the Titan, they were the OEM Goodyear’s and had little usable tread left. Initially the dealer (I dealt directly w/ the manager of the dealership) said he had offered me the best deal he could, but after walking toward the door he stated he would put new tires on the Titan. After I was able to convince him to order Bridgestone Revo's on tirerack, I agreed to buy.

All and all I'm thrilled. This truck is awesome beyond words. Tomorrow I'm going to have my local dealer flush the ATF. In the coming weeks I plan on adding a Line-X spray on liner, OEM nurfs/fog lights, and AVS bug shield 2. I'll also change the diff/motor oil myself.

Please feel free to share your thoughts or advice. Thanks in advance!

·
Super Moderator
93,617 Posts
Congratulations on your new truck! Use the search engine for all the information you need. There are a lot of helpful guys here also. Enjoy!

·
Registered
392 Posts
Welcome and enjoy.

·
Registered
424 Posts
congrats on the new ride. And I hope you are prepared to drive a truck for the rest of your life, because once you own a good truck, you'll never want another car.

·
Registered
14,534 Posts
Kitts said:
congrats on the new ride. And I hope you are prepared to drive a truck for the rest of your life, because once you own a good truck, you'll never want another car.
Isnt that the truth!! I love this truck and I get alot of looks from women seeing me in my BIG RED TRUCK :rolleyes:

·
Registered
112 Posts
matt33 said:
I've been lurking here for several months and this past weekend I finally dove in and bought my first truck. It's a 2005 Nissan Titan SE KC 4x4 w/ 30,000 miles and brand new Bridgestone Revo's. I had an Acura RSX prior to the Titan. The RSX was a good car and as such I was able to methodically search for the right deal on a Titan. Initially I was going to buy a new one but I couldn't pass this '05 up.

Here's the skinny:
The Titan was $18,900 and looks absolutely brand new. The dealer gave me $12k for my trade. I was happy with everything but the tires on the Titan, they were the OEM Goodyear’s and had little usable tread left. Initially the dealer (I dealt directly w/ the manager of the dealership) said he had offered me the best deal he could, but after walking toward the door he stated he would put new tires on the Titan. After I was able to convince him to order Bridgestone Revo's on tirerack, I agreed to buy.

All and all I'm thrilled. This truck is awesome beyond words. Tomorrow I'm going to have my local dealer flush the ATF. In the coming weeks I plan on adding a Line-X spray on liner, OEM nurfs/fog lights, and AVS bug shield 2. I'll also change the diff/motor oil myself.

Please feel free to share your thoughts or advice. Thanks in advance!
Congrat's. I traded my '02 RSX-S for my Titan. BIG difference in the two. Your right the RSX was a good car. But I had mine for 6 years and my fiance has a 4yr old that I feel better about hauling around in the truck. Good luck this is a great board with many knowlegable members and great information. I am like you switching over to a completly new vehicle this board has been a great asset.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts