Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...if you hold the tune button on the steering wheel up or down for a coupole secs, the radio will "seek" the next channel. This is cool when traveling, since when you simply press up or down once it only goes through the stored channels.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Thanks.. Very cool.. I did not know this.

·
Registered
163 Posts
RedMunsta said:
Yeah, Also if you do the same thing(hold tune button on steering wheel) while in CD mode, it will go to the next CD!
Now THAT, I didn't know.

Actually, after re-reading the original post, I didn't even know about the radio tuning either.

Thanks.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Now THAT would be a useful feature. I am going to feel like an idiot if it's in the manual.

bvstone1 said:
any idea how to get it to cycle through A, B, and C presets? I suppose I could RTFM, but I'm tired today... LOL

·
Registered
662 Posts
bvstone1 said:
any idea how to get it to cycle through A, B, and C presets? I suppose I could RTFM, but I'm tired today... LOL
Not positive but I don't think you can do this. Someone please prove me wrong.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I agree. I've been careful to set all by "A" settings on the best FM stations, and then I hit "mode" so I can flip to my favorite AM station. Too lazy to take my right hand and turn the knob.

·
Registered
497 Posts
thanks for the tips, seems like im learning new features about my beast everyday. :cheers:

·
Registered
473 Posts
Thanks, this also works on our Maxima. My wife was getting PO'ed about not being able to switch CD's. Guess I did not read that part of the manual well enough.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Ever since I got my Titan I thought I was bumping the remote to lock the doors after I had opened them. I would unlock the door, and when I tried to open it, it was locked. This morning I discovered the secret. If you don't open the door within about 60 seconds of unlocking it, the security system locks it back. How cool is that?

·
Registered
96 Posts
Check Engine Light

Has anyone had a check engine light come on? I have 7,800 miles. I didnt get my oil changed by the dealer last time. Is this something that the dealers turns off when they change the oil (reset oil).

·
Registered
34 Posts
HOU-TITAN said:
Has anyone had a check engine light come on? I have 7,800 miles. I didnt get my oil changed by the dealer last time. Is this something that the dealers turns off when they change the oil (reset oil).
No. Definitely not. Check engine means that part of emission or some mechanical malfunction. It is possible that one of the sensors just got unplugged, but you need to check it out.

·
Registered
93 Posts
KingTitan said:
Ever since I got my Titan I thought I was bumping the remote to lock the doors after I had opened them. I would unlock the door, and when I tried to open it, it was locked. This morning I discovered the secret. If you don't open the door within about 60 seconds of unlocking it, the security system locks it back. How cool is that?
I discovered this the other day myself as I didn't know about it either. I had an Audi A4 that would do the same thing. Nice feature but can get a little annoying until you get used to it.

Glad to hear the tips about the radio controls on the steering wheel. Nice to know you can cycle through stations and CDs without taking your hands off the wheel! My Z3 doesn't have the steering wheel controls and since I now drive the Titan more often, I find myself trying to adjust the radio with the "imaginary" buttons when I'm in the Z. I just laugh at myself and do it the old fashioned way!

:upsidedow

·
Registered
359 Posts
I'm not saying it's the same with Titan, but two days after I bought the '01 Frontier the check engine light came on...I was horrified until I read in the owner's manual that not having the gas cap firmly screwed back on will cause the check engine light to come on...I turned it a few clicks, and no more check engine light...
Speaking of unexpected features, I just found out the other day that a 'low windshield washer fluid' light will alert you to that situation...I checked the fluid and sure enough, it was time to refill it! :hat:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts