Nissan Titan Forum banner

81 - 100 of 105 Posts

·
Registered
624 Posts
VinylImagez, I feel like sh!t that I just saw this thread. I could have sent you an S7/S2 ROM to flash as soon as the install was done. Again, sorry.
If UpRev doesn't get you tightened up pretty quick, PM me.
Congrats on the install. If you ever want to see what you missed out on, I have some photos on my install thread.

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #84
If you ever want to see what you missed out on, I have some photos on my install thread.
DanBlp, I seen um' about million times:) Thanks For That Nice Thread!

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
so how much faster would those cams make my truck with an uprev tunne? is it a huge difference like it hits WAY harder or just mild? thaks

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
It'd be a huge difference, but if I were you I'd get Longtubes first before you dump that much $$$ into cams.

·
Registered
12,665 Posts
lets put it this way, we had another titan down here that ran neck and neck with me at the track, he ran 13.8. And he raced a Titan with the S2/S7 cams and bigger wheels, and got left pretty bad from what i hear. I think they would make a huge difference, but yeah get headers first, so that the extra air can get out

·
Registered
8,408 Posts
Yes, with header's also to help more the exhaust gases, it's a serious gain in performance!

I love this old video!!! It show's how hard the S2 cam's pull from 0-60mph! I've watched these video's a million times!!! I want some cam's so bad!!!

Watch @ 3:50-
http://www.youtube.com/user/Toomnymods#p/u/8/I7W5aek6lZY

·
Premium Member
716 Posts
... I want some cam's so bad!!!
You and me both, brother. I literally dream of cams. And every time I drive the T, I can't help but think of all those extra ponies trapped in there, just waiting for me to let them out.

Ah, the things we do to hurl this dang near 6,000lb truck down the pavement. I can't help but look at my 100+lb sub box and realize that at least one of my gofast mods is simply compensating for its weight, lol.

·
Premium Member
19,533 Posts
Finally took time of to get my custom exhaust, 2.5 pipe with a x pipoe to 2 bullets, I made sum logs today, and there sent to uprev.
Where did you get the x-pipe from?

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
You and me both, brother. I literally dream of cams. And every time I drive the T, I can't help but think of all those extra ponies trapped in there, just waiting for me to let them out.

Ah, the things we do to hurl this dang near 6,000lb truck down the pavement. I can't help but look at my 100+lb sub box and realize that at least one of my gofast mods is simply compensating for its weight, lol.
I do the same thing and think.....Dang...That thing is like a mini-fridge back there.

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #93

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #94
I will post sum videos as soon as I get her tuned, DanBlp is helping me out with the tunning, we been emailing back and forth, SHES GETTING BETTER AND BETTER!

·
Premium Member
4,915 Posts
Those of you who have JWT CS2 (CVTCS) cams...: since the intake cams are the only components driven by the CVTCS system, then what grind are the exhaust cams...S2 or S7 or what..?

I was just thinking this because what if there was a way to run a hotter exhaust cam profile over the S2 or S7 in relation with the CS2 Intake cam profile?

Also, what about a cam phaser limiter kit for the CVTCS Vk56DE? That would allow the CVTCS titans to run ''hotter'' cam profiles that would give a bigger gain in the upper RPMs without sacrificing bottom to mid range performance. So you would get a JWT S7,C8 or C9 grind for the intake and still be able to use the CVTCS system... lol i'm probably wrong but this is what little info I found below ...

I know the 2005 newer fords use cam phasers and Comp Cams released their limiter kit which does the following:

"Cam phasers are specially designed, computer-controlled cam gears that automatically optimize camshaft timing based on the current engine rpm. Currently they are used in all 2005 and newer Ford Modular 3 Valve and all 2007 and newer GM L92 engines. Engine oil is pressure fed to the cam phasers through a series of passageways in the cylinder heads and camshafts. The engine computers control solenoids that adjust this oil flow into and out of the phaser’s control chambers, giving the ability to retard the cams up to 60 crank degrees.

While this technology provides tremendous efficiency benefits, such as fuel efficiency and the ability to always be in the best position for maximum power, regardless of engine rpm, it does present some limitations when it comes to performance camshafts. With such a wide range of valve timing movement, there is very little piston to valve clearance, which limits you to small cam profiles with little overlap.

The COMP Cams® Cam Phaser Limiter Kits for Ford Modular 3V engines and GM Gen IV VVT (Variable Valve Timing) engines restrict the range of cam timing movement to only 20 degrees, thus providing the necessary valve clearance for serious performance cams with tighter lobe separations – all while still utilizing the benefits of VVT technology. Combining this performance modification with more aggressive cam profiles has resulted in some of the largest upper-rpm gains we’ve ever seem from such a simple valve train adjustment without sacrificing any bottom end or mid-range performance."

I wish there was some specifics on what was done to the VK56DE CORR engine for it to pump out over 700hp N/A.... you make your power in the cylinder heads....what in the world did Menards Racing engines do to achieve that level of power...granted I don't have the 75,000 to buy one to find out...but i'm sure I could come up with the money to do some CNC head work and invest in a new intake manifold.

·
Registered
8,408 Posts
Good to hear, VinylImagez! Keep us posted!!! :)

Very interesting, MilenkoGT! Good question! :read:

·
Premium Member
428 Posts
WTF??????? Where the videos????? I just spend an hour of my work time reading the entire thread in anticipation of the videos.... LOL

If you dont mind me asking, how much did the cams run you?

·
Registered
8,408 Posts
Jim Wolf Technology Cams are $1200. 2 intake cams & 2 exhaust cams!

·
Premium Member
428 Posts
Jim Wolf Technology Cams are $1200. 2 intake cams & 2 exhaust cams!
Yea I just heard back from JW. Now i'm selling all my Audio stuff to shake some weight and to subsidise the cams... LOL

·
Registered
55 Posts
TTT!!

It's Christmas time and I'm already thinking about next year....LT headers, exhaust, cams and uprev, all in moderation.

I have a '04 CC with 116k miles on it still running strong but maybe those mods would be too much for it? I'd like to disagree with myself on that.

Anyway I enjoyed reading through this thread and hopefully to hear back how your T has settled in with everything.

81 - 100 of 105 Posts