Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have read alot of post about cheap intakes. i think everyone has the air box mod. here is my 2 cents for everyone who wants a cheap intake. go to lowes and buy some pvc pipe a throw a k&n on it!!!! viola instant cold air intake! 76 hp at the wheels!:rolleyes:

·
Banned
27,783 Posts
BLAK_OH_FO_PHOTO said:
i have read alot of post about cheap intakes. i think everyone has the air box mod. here is my 2 cents for everyone who wants a cheap intake. go to lowes and buy some pvc pipe a throw a k&n on it!!!! viola instant cold air intake! 76 hp at the wheels!:rolleyes:

LMAO!!!! He said Viola!!!!!:deathsent :rofl:

vi·o·la
1Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[vee-oh-luh] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–noun
1. a four-stringed musical instrument of the violin family, slightly larger than the violin; a tenor or alto violin.
2. a labial organ stop of eight-foot or four-foot pitch, giving tones of a penetrating stringlike quality.

·
Super Moderator
93,617 Posts
BLAK_OH_FO_PHOTO said:
That's a great idea! Have you ever used duct tape on your tires to increase their life span?

·
Registered
5,541 Posts
BLAK_OH_FO_PHOTO said:
hey genius boy, where you gonna plug the air flow mass sensor?

·
Premium Member
17,446 Posts
BLAK_OH_FO_PHOTO said:
76 hp at the wheel? I'm heading to Lowes right now.

·
Premium Member
5,015 Posts
Lurchdubious said:
when's this guy gonna show us pictures of his supe'd up honda civic? i bet it's FAST.
Hey leave the civics out of this. i have a civic i bought to save gas. 8000 dollars later and the car still suck on gas mileage. Can say 2 months and it needed a new head gasket, radiator, cv axles, fan , coil pack , distributor, trans seal, and then 6 months after all of this was done a new motor. The head job was 800 bucks and the guy put the cams in wrong and destroyed the head and pistons. I love my honda civic. And my wife loves it more than i do especially since she told me not to buy it and i did it anyway. anyone want to buy an 8000 dollars 95 civic. I did not think so. Honda can kiss my --- i will never own another Honda. EVER>:

·
Registered
690 Posts
BLAK_OH_FO_PHOTO said:
1) PVC is ghetto

2) you need to have a port for the MAF sensor

3) you need to have the intake tube the same inner diameter as the stock tube
4) you will need to fabricate a box to isolate the intake filter from the hot engine bay or else you are doing your truck worse by making inhale hot air.
5) 76WHP? More like 7.6 with your idea at best.

6) I get the joke :jester:

·
Registered
3,781 Posts
tech12volt said:
Hey leave the civics out of this. i have a civic i bought to save gas. 8000 dollars later and the car still suck on gas mileage. Can say 2 months and it needed a new head gasket, radiator, cv axles, fan , coil pack , distributor, trans seal, and then 6 months after all of this was done a new motor. The head job was 800 bucks and the guy put the cams in wrong and destroyed the head and pistons. I love my honda civic. And my wife loves it more than i do especially since she told me not to buy it and i did it anyway. anyone want to buy an 8000 dollars 95 civic. I did not think so. Honda can kiss my --- i will never own another Honda. EVER>:
...i'm picking up on yer sarcasm.

sorry man, that sucks. i actually do like honda's tho~just not civics. any car that i have to recline the seat while driving just so my head doesn't hit the ceiling is not a car for me.

·
Registered
296 Posts
who pays $8000 for a 95 civic , its 2007 lol, Why would u hack up a titan by putting pvc on it , u should change the subject of this thread to " i know its bootleg but i really wanna destroy my truck and make it ghetto" just my opionon

·
Registered
160 Posts
lmao. this thread is entertaining.

and besides, why WASTE money at lowes? use wot u already have adn save more money! used toiletpaper rolls can be the tube for your intake. just duct tape them together. if you want MORE hp just add more tubes for MORE AIR! you could also make teh tube really long and run it to your fog lights. and make it RAM AIR! thats gotta be like... 100 hp per ram air tube. (you could do both fog lights!)
another idea is racing stripes. civics in my area have proven that each stripe added is at least 50 hp.
dont forget you can remove un-needed weight. back seat, radio, AC, carpet, antenna, tail gate, door windows, bumpers. just these FEW items listed would drop 2k lbs off your truck!

all in jest of course, blak. ;)

·
Registered
173 Posts
Wow....tough room :boxing: ...lmao

Dave

·
Registered
296 Posts
I think im might just take my flowmaster kit off my truck and make a whole new exhaust out of toilet paper rolls or mayb pvc pipe , what u think would give me that extra 100 hp? lol:smoke:

·
Registered
460 Posts
You idiots would pay $300 for a PVC intake if it had an AEM sticker on it. That's the funniest part.
Oh wait AEM uses "better" plastic... ;)
- Nealio

·
Registered
173 Posts
p.s. viola is an Italian expression pronounced WA-LA but spelled like the instrument.

It's French, not Italian. Either way it doesn't matter.

Dave

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
i started this thread for a couple reasons some people got it and others thought i was being serious. 1 reason is some of these guys are willing to buy any cheap peice of sh** part for a couple extra ponies and dont give a damn if they blow up their $30K truck. 2 there are alot of aftermarket cold air intakes made of "better" plastic like ktm said. 3 i thought it would be funny to hear people (who actully thought i was serious) bash the idea. btw that duct tape idea doesn't work on the tires! now i've got duct tape glue all the way down the side of my truck!!!! thanks for the advice

1 - 20 of 28 Posts