Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,788 Posts
That is so very true. The first 5 years of owning a new truck are a total financial loss. The only way to remotely offset the loss is to keep it 10 years.

I found these numbers on the resale value for the 2011 Pro-4x. I don't have much faith in KBB.COM but these are their numbers which in my opinion are always high anyway.
New 100% $36,750.00
yr2 53% $19,477.50
yr3 43% $15,802.50
yr4 33% $12,127.50
yr5 27% $9,922.50

·
Registered
4,984 Posts
LMFAO, aint that the truth! i got my 2006 se cc 4x4 in jan 09 paid 18k otd for it... totallled it and got 24k from ins

got my 2004 for 15k

and my 2007 for 14.5

..... i dont think id ever buy a brand new car....... unless i won the lottery or something!

·
Registered
8,175 Posts
I got mine brand new i think it was 26k+- .. but nobody will have their hands on her except me ... lol I'm running her till she drops. :)
Ditto, First vehicle I've purchased brand new and I'm keeping it till she dies, traded in my old 01 F150 and with rebates I walked out the door for a little over 22k.
I finally said goodbye :hi: to my Ford forum the other day and their beating me up pretty bad! To he** with them!

Reactions: jimmy120

·
Registered
14,164 Posts
Just dont buy my old titan!!!! hahahaha

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
So true. Although when those new 2nd Titans roll off the lot I may just get one of them, and then keep it for +10 years. lol

Of course I'll still be rockin' the 04' too, look out for me! I'll have my first year first gen 04' Titan next to my first year second gen Titan in the driveway. haha

·
Registered
37 Posts
I have no regrets buying new. Bought my 08' SE KC new for $18,500, traded it in 2 years later for $20,100. My 10' only brought my payment up $20 a month.

·
Registered
266 Posts
I bought mine with a $7K discount. When it was all said and done I paid $26K out the door. After, I added a few mods.... LOL Damn right no one is going to reap the joy of what I had to do to get her there... This is MY [email protected](H for life!!!! LMFAO

·
Registered
3,233 Posts
Certainly buying a car is not an investment, but a losing proposition "new or used". I however don't regret buying new either. My first T in 05 was $30k OTD, sold it five years later and got $20k. $2k a year in depreciation I can handle, certainly the exception but not the norm. I have found through the years I faired much better on resale with Suv's and Trucks vs cars.

·
Registered
13,026 Posts
Thats cool that you enjoy the price and all lol. But youll never have a clue how the lost owner drove it, hell 15k oil changes could be possible. Back when my parents had Hummers, they NEVER changed the oil on them, I think my moms went 25k without an oil change. Traded it in and the dealer thought it was well taken care of cause it had no dents or scratches. Im sure the new owner thinks so too.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Thats cool that you enjoy the price and all lol. But youll never have a clue how the lost owner drove it, hell 15k oil changes could be possible. Back when my parents had Hummers, they NEVER changed the oil on them, I think my moms went 25k without an oil change. Traded it in and the dealer thought it was well taken care of cause it had no dents or scratches. Im sure the new owner thinks so too.
Yeah, what he said!

·
Premium Member
37,152 Posts
Exactly, just go read some of the threads on this forum and ask me again why I buy new.

·
Premium Member
59,135 Posts
Caveat Emptor. I hope you are lucky enough to buy a truck that was maintained by me and not my ex-wife. As far as she is concerned the only thing on her vehicle that requires attention is the gas tank. When we divorced I took my 95 Chevy 3/4 ton. She bought a 96 Chevy to replace the one I took. Both were bought brand new. My old Chevy is 16 years old and still going with 250,000 miles on it. It is a farm truck now towing horse trailers. Hers died 4 years years ago.

I bought my Titan new. It's five years old and paid for. I intend to keep it for many more years. I know everything that has been done to it, and I know it has been maintained VERY well. Other than the AC fan recall it has never had a wrench touch it that wasn't in MY hand. By the time mine is ready for a new owner I will have had at least 10 years of good service out of it.

I treat my truck like a good dog. We are friends, know each other well, it gets treated with respect and care, and it appreciates a good fart.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts