Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Supporting Vendor (Gold)
5,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to build a ported enclosure for direct replacement to the factory rockford sub . No amp change just the sub. I have an idea of what will work but i need someone to bring me a truck and the first one i build you can have free. I am in south georgia by the way

·
Supporting Vendor (Gold)
5,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
P-Dizzle said:
Is this gonna be a ported 6" or 8" sub?
im thinking a ported 8 and it will work off the factory power and give you alot more than the factory

·
Supporting Vendor (Gold)
2,981 Posts
If you build a direct bolt in enclosure that would kick ***. I think even the subs without the Fosgate system have the mounting holes.

·
Supporting Vendor (Gold)
5,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
P-Dizzle said:
If you build a direct bolt in enclosure that would kick ***. I think even the subs without the Fosgate system have the mounting holes.

Huh, what the hell are you saying Beavis.

·
Supporting Vendor (Gold)
5,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
bestatchess said:
Interesting concept, although the factory amp doesn't give you much to work with.
That photo is quite possibly the best i have ever seen of yoda,

·
Supporting Vendor (Gold)
2,981 Posts
tech12volt said:
Huh, what the hell are you saying Beavis.
Build the enclosure with the same bottom as the stock fosgate box so it can mount to factory holes Butthead.

·
Registered
335 Posts
verrrry interesting, I would be all over this like stink on a monkey, to bad I live so far away. I am looking forward to see the results though. I would like my butt to vibrate more. :D

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just picked up a new '07 LE CC and live in Lake City, FL. Where are you located in south GA? How long would you need the vehicle?

·
Registered
940 Posts
I'll put down a deposit right now! Tech, I think there a quite a few of us out here that would love to see you come up with a solution for under the front seat. I have spent hours on the floor of my truck with a tape measure and flashlight, and I am convinced it can be done. Make a box with mdf top and sides with a fiberglass bottom custom molded to the Titan's floor. A .35 cf sealed box is perfect for an 8 in sub, the box could be 5 inches tall overall. I'd actually like to try a slim 10, but I don't think you can get a half cube under there. I would make it roughly the same size as the stock box, but bring the rear wall back to where the rear mounting holes are to get a little more volume without intruding too much on the rear seat passenger's foot space. The only challenge here is that the floor rises up right there, this is why the rear "feet" are about 1/2 in higher than the bottom of the box. This is why it would probably be better to make a mold straight off the floor rather than using the stock box as a mold. I would also lay a piece of 1x6 on the floor directly behind the heater duct before making the mold. This would provide a tunnel for the heat to actually reach the rear passenger rather than just cooking the bottom of the box. The box would be about 19 inches wide by 11 inches long. I've attached some photos of the stock box. In the one with the tape measure on top, the location of the tape is where the front wall would be. You would need to then move the sub back towards the rear about 1 1/2 inches, but you will have the room if you extend the rear. I wish I was closer, I'd definitely volunteer my truck because I think that you really need a truck there to do it right. I can send you my spare stock box if you need it.

I believe this could be done for the passenger side as well, though the depth would be less due to the floor having a slightly different shape as well as different seat hardware hanging lower (I think it is the airbag sensor.)
top.jpg top front.jpg top rear.jpg bottom front.jpg bottom rear.jpg

·
Registered
940 Posts
More pics of the stock box.
exterior depth measure.jpg interior depth measure.jpg left side length.jpg rear extra measure.jpg rear mount elevation.jpg

·
Registered
940 Posts

·
Super Moderator
93,253 Posts
I still don't understand how you would make a good quality aftermarket sub run with the factory amp.

·
Registered
940 Posts
I forgot to mention that I will be using a JL 500/5.

·
Registered
940 Posts
Arachnid said:
I still don't understand how you would make a good quality aftermarket sub run with the factory amp.
I don't see why you couldn't just replace the stocker with another dual voice coil sub. My Polk Momo 8 fits right in, it just needs a mdf ring to add a little depth. I've thought about doing this just to see how it sounds, but I'm hoping Tech can help me out with something better.
top w polk.jpg polk close up.jpg polk momo.jpg

·
Supporting Vendor (Gold)
5,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i should be able to do it with no problems. if i can get a truck.

·
Super Moderator
93,253 Posts
From what I have heard, the factory system doesn't have enough power to run an aftermarket amp. Or is that just a myth propogated to sell more amps?

·
Registered
145 Posts
I know it will be a little while before I am your way but I will be south of ATL(Newnan,Griffin) the week of July 4th. I can bring my truck with factory Rockford. It even has the factory DVD.I am sure there are MANY members that would love to see an upgrade to the factory unit. A couple of years ago a replaced a blown sub in my Eddie Baurer Expidition(8") with an aftermarket one and it was a noticable differance.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts