Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok my truck has 78000 miles on it, the passenger side manifold is LEAKING! I know I could get it replaced by the dealership but that part is on national back order right now; so I want to install headers instead :teethmast:teethmast
I have never bought headers before but I have seem these headers online

http://http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/04-08-Pacesetter-Nissan-Titan-5-6L-Long-Tube-Headers-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem2c593f579bQQitemZ190475884443QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories
Pacesetter HEADERS nissan TITAN truck 2005 2004 2008 - eBay (item 250729290467 end time Dec-18-10 22:46:08 PST)

JBA Stainless Steel Headers from HorsepowerFreaks

why is there such a BIG price difference?!!!
and since I am buying headers might as well install a new muffler any
suggestions?!

·
Registered
8,459 Posts
You going to need Up/Rev Tuning to keep your AFR in check if you install header's. Also, the Pacesetter's LT's have 3" collector's, which have been proven to be too big for the Titan. I would look into either Doug Thorley's, OBX or Stillen for a set of long tubes. JBA shorties are great too! You will have to have them welded into place, unlike the LT's.

·
Registered
2,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You going to need Up/Rev Tuning to keep your AFR in check if you install header's.
Please forgive my ignorance since these is the first truck I have ever done this to, since the truck is STOCK (for now :teethmast:teethmast:teethmast )
But how do I get that done?

·
Registered
8,459 Posts
My T just turned 73K. :)

Here's their website:
UpRev - Engine Management

I have the Up/Rev Osiris w/ 5 map's & has been etuned. They've lowered the price to around $500 i believe. This gives you the ability to monitor the engine parameter's, read's codes, data logging ability...etc. This way each time you add a new mod you can re-tune the ECM to get the best performance out of it while maintaining reliability.

·
Registered
8,459 Posts
What a lot of member's on here do when they first get their Titan's is start w/ the CAI & exhaust. Then get a hand held tuner, such as Bully Dog or SuperChip's. If you want to mad beyond just intake & exhaust (header's, cam's, intake manifold...) then your going to need Up/Rev. :)

·
Registered
6,345 Posts
Since you're in TX, I would recommend going all out and doing the LT's from either OBX or DT... bang for the buck, OBX looks like it... If you wanna save $ on product, get the JBA's, but you'll end up spending on labor to put them on, tack cats or straight pipes on them, pulling them off, welding, then reinstalling... unless you DIY on the install/welding... Or, if you can hold out until Berk Tech pushes out some B Pipes and I will be redoing my setup with LT headers, then most likely selling my JBA w/ welded on custom B Pipes and HF cats...of course there is no real timeline there...

·
Registered
2,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Since you're in TX, I would recommend going all out and doing the LT's from either OBX or DT... bang for the buck, OBX looks like it... If you wanna save $ on product, get the JBA's, but you'll end up spending on labor to put them on, tack cats or straight pipes on them, pulling them off, welding, then reinstalling... unless you DIY on the install/welding... Or, if you can hold out until Berk Tech pushes out some B Pipes and I will be redoing my setup with LT headers, then most likely selling my JBA w/ welded on custom B Pipes and HF cats...of course there is no real timeline there...

Wont that make the T fail the texas emission tests?!!

·
Banned
1,550 Posts
Don't get cats put back on.. Just go to a county were they dont do emissions... Or go to a ghetto place and slip em 20 bucks to pass you..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts