Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to check if my gas cap is bad. Can anyone open there fuel cap to see if there is any vapor release noise. Mine doesn't make any noise. Or maybe it's not suppose to on our titans??? I am trying to eliminate the obvious on this p0455 evap code That keeps popping up and a few days later it goes away. I just hate going to the dealer unarmed. I know there is a tsb on the evap valve. I just want to make sure they do the tsb and not just change the gas cap. Thanks

·
Registered
257 Posts
i would just head over to the emission station and ask them to check it with their cap tester. i dont think they would say no.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeh, I could try that. I just hope the service manager at my dealer doesn't remember me. We had some choice words about my wifes Quest warranty work, It wasn't pretty. If he does remember me and says no I'll go to another dealer. Thanks

·
Super Moderator
161,778 Posts
If you're under warranty, then the dealer is your bet. If you're not, a gas cap replacement is a cheap attempt to correct it before you head in for the TSB.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My 36000 warranty is up but I have the extended warranty, But a $50.00 deductible though. Is there a charge for the TSB's ? I will go and get a new cap to rule that out first like you said.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Yes there is a charge for the TSB. Look in the left rear fender well. There is a square tube that runs across the truck under the bed. If you get a bunch of dirt and mud in that tube it will cause an EVAP code because the vent for the EVAP Canister is in that tube. Clean the dirt out of that tube and you might get away without having to replace the EVAP Canister and Vent Control Valve.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
TitanTech659 said:
Yes there is a charge for the TSB. Look in the left rear fender well. There is a square tube that runs across the truck under the bed. If you get a bunch of dirt and mud in that tube it will cause an EVAP code because the vent for the EVAP Canister is in that tube. Clean the dirt out of that tube and you might get away without having to replace the EVAP Canister and Vent Control Valve.
I cleaned that solenoid valve pretty good,It was pretty funked up. But a week later the code came back. I think I'm gonna try to get the TSB done. I can't believe they charge for the TSB's. That's crap. :crying:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts