Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went out to take a look at my air filter today to see if it needed changed, to my surprise a squirrel made its way into my air box thru the fender! It chewed all the foam around the snorkel and chewed the snorkel coming in from the fender, holes in it. So if anyone has a stock air box and snorkel they want to part with I'm interested, no out to KILL squirrels.

·
Registered
6,823 Posts
I went out to take a look at my air filter today to see if it needed changed, to my surprise a squirrel made its way into my air box thru the fender! It chewed all the foam around the snorkel and chewed the snorkel coming in from the fender, holes in it. So if anyone has a stock air box and snorkel they want to part with I'm interested, no out to KILL squirrels.
Do you only need the snorkel with the foam attached?

·
Premium Member
141,094 Posts
Might as well post up your location.
I have one here in the mess at the fort.

·
Registered
8,408 Posts
Where you @ buddy? I have one too...

·
Registered
9,568 Posts
looks like plenty of us have one to give, I certainly don't need mine. Where are you, try to get the cheapest shipping for you, or maybe even pick it up.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
I live in Johnstown PA. I really only need the snorkel with the foam. I bastard stole the foam which I don't think is a real big deal, is it? It also chewed the plastic the the foam went around. zip code 15902

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sounds like a rat. I don't think a squirrel would do this.
It is a squirrel I have walnut tree in my front yard, In the past when I was changing oil or cleaning my engine I have noticed nuts in my engine compartment. No damage though. squirrels are destructive just ask anyone who has had them in there house.

·
Premium Member
69,173 Posts
You need a Gamo pellet rifle...they do the trick!

·
Registered
258 Posts
It is a squirrel I have walnut tree in my front yard, In the past when I was changing oil or cleaning my engine I have noticed nuts in my engine compartment. No damage though. squirrels are destructive just ask anyone who has had them in there house.
Isn't there some sort of an ultrasonic sound emitting gadget that you plug in and all rodents run away? more humane then a pellet gun IMO.

·
Premium Member
141,094 Posts
Yep.
Those 17's are quite the pest control device.

·
Premium Member
69,173 Posts
...and they ain't bad smothered in gravy!! :lol:

·
Registered
109 Posts
Instead of getting another stock air box, what about just going with a CAI? It's a golden opportunity and if the wife has been against it, maybe this is the opportunity to convince her of it. Just a thought... and no more squirrel problems in the future with the air box.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts