Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok boys and girls, here's the deal. I been here for awhile and you all seem like a desent bunch so i talked with my friends in high places over at Sniper Tuners and if someone can come up with an ECU they will build a Titan tuning format. You might even be the first one to get it. For those that don't know about Sniper Tuners, google it. It don't get any better. PM me for more details. Turn it up!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
511 Posts
I googled and all I could find were forums and resellers. It looks like they only do Fords. Is that correct?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
17,446 Posts
fepony said:
Ok boys and girls, here's the deal. I been here for awhile and you all seem like a desent bunch so i talked with my friends in high places over at Sniper Tuners and if someone can come up with an ECU they will build a Titan tuning format. You might even be the first one to get it. For those that don't know about Sniper Tuners, google it. It don't get any better. PM me for more details. Turn it up!!
Send them yours.:D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,132 Posts
How can we be sure that that we will get our ECU returned ? And you know how sometimes it takes longer than they say it will take.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,251 Posts
Can anyone find a totaled Titan? I think fepony is trying to help us out here. I will keep my eyes open for a totaled one, that would work wouldnt it?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ourbaby said:
Can anyone find a totaled Titan? I think fepony is trying to help us out here. I will keep my eyes open for a totaled one, that would work wouldnt it?
Yes that will work. They have other tuners than Ford. I just mentioned it to them and they were VERY receptive to doing a Titan template. Go here and talk to them yourselves if you like. http://www.snipertuningforums.com and here is the specific thread I was talking about. http://www.snipertuningforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=37

And yes, I am trying to help. :cheers:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
838 Posts
Try this:

http://www.ecudirect.com/index.asp

There are different Titan VK-56 ECU's depending on the year model and options on your truck, such as rear axle ratio, 4wd, etc. It's not universal, some ECU functions control things besides the engine itself.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Armada said:
Try this:

http://www.ecudirect.com/index.asp

There are different Titan VK-56 ECU's depending on the year model and options on your truck, such as rear axle ratio, 4wd, etc. It's not universal, some ECU functions control things besides the engine itself.
I got no idea about all that. But they do. I'll post it over there. Thx.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ok it's in your ballpark now. If you want Sniper tuners for Titans, I suggest you all log in over there and express an interest. It looks like they ARE going to make a tuner for you guys IF they feel there is enough interest to warrant it. Sniper tuners are the shiznitz. They out perform SCT and Diablo.

Go here > http://www.snipertuningforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=37
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,251 Posts
fepony said:
Ok it's in your ballpark now. If you want Sniper tuners for Titans, I suggest you all log in over there and express an interest. It looks like they ARE going to make a tuner for you guys IF they feel there is enough interest to warrant it. Sniper tuners are the shiznitz. They out perform SCT and Diablo.

Go here > http://www.snipertuningforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=37
Thanks a bunch man.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
RUN FOREST RUN!!! :cheers:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,132 Posts
I sent an e-mail to The Tech. dept. last night. I told them I might be interested. I have not yet received a reply.
I have another vehicle, so I could send them my ECU.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'm sure they'd make it worth your effort.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,132 Posts
fepony said:
I'm sure they'd make it worth your effort.
Yeah, I would think so too. If I don't hear from them by tomorrow, maybe I should call them.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,132 Posts
I just checked my e-mail. I received a reply form Chris @ Sniper. He said they would be interested in using my ECU and that it might be a few months before they will be ready for me send my ECU to them because they just got started. They will only need my ECU for a few days.

:cheers:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
SOCALTITANKC4X4LE said:
I just checked my e-mail. I received a reply form Chris @ Sniper. He said they would be interested in using my ECU and that it might be a few months before they will be ready for me send my ECU to them because they just got started. They will only need my ECU for a few days.

:cheers:
There you go. Might end up being the start of something big. Grats.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,132 Posts
Thanks fepony. I will keep everyone updated as soon as I hear from Sniper again. It's been 10 days without driving my Titan. I'm trying to do two things; keep from putting too many miles on the Titan ( I already have 62K ), and trying to reach 500K on my Pathfinder.
So being without an ECU won't be much of a sacrafice.
 
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Top