Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took the truck out the other day and was hearin' a weird noise. Turned around and took it home. Found the noise INSIDE my transfer case. Opened the drain plug and big chunks of metal came out.

Now I need some help:
- how do I remove the transfer case?
- where can I buy one from, preferrably somebody on here?
- what kinda oil/lube does the transfer case take?

After I put a new one in, I'm puttin' all new fluids in the drivetrain.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I plan on using all AmsOil stuff when I put this T-Case back in.

Bump for a transfer case.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks man. Lookin' for a lower price though.

How do you pull the transfer case out?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Thanks man. Lookin' for a lower price though.

How do you pull the transfer case out?
Hey there, did you ever swap out your transfer case? I'm afraid mine is going to need changed out soon, leaking once again, slop in the front input.. not looking good for me. Anyhow, just came across your thread and was curious if you ended up tackling this yourself, or how much labor it cost you. I found a couple used t-cases for around $200-250, just not sure if I can tackle this in my garage or not.

Thank you.. Rob

·
Registered
6,182 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey there, did you ever swap out your transfer case? I'm afraid mine is going to need changed out soon, leaking once again, slop in the front input.. not looking good for me. Anyhow, just came across your thread and was curious if you ended up tackling this yourself, or how much labor it cost you. I found a couple used t-cases for around $200-250, just not sure if I can tackle this in my garage or not.

Thank you.. Rob
Yea Rob I actually just got it in today. Not too bad a job but me and my dad work on cars all day so I guess you need some know-how. I would say it's best for two people to do this but you can definitely do it by yourself. Just know it's a process. PM me with questions if you want, I'll be glad to help.

I also gutted my cats while I was down there and it's awesome. Well, after I fixed my exhaust leaks it was awesome.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You should post some specs! Specifically like how many splines are in the input shaft!
Dang, I counted the output splines, which comes out to 34. I'll check soon for ya

1 - 11 of 11 Posts