Nissan Titan Forum banner

i need help please.

602 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  hammer6 
Ok I'll try. Back spacing has to do with the inside of the wheel from where the face of the brake rotor is towards the inside of the truck. Offset is how the wheel looks to you from the outside the part you see. Ok lets just use basic wheel sizes and try to tell you what it means. Lets say you have a 18" wheel and it's 8" wide and has a 0 offset and a 4" back space. That means the spokes or where the lugs mount are in the middle of the wheel,the outside of the wheel would have a 4" lip the part you see kinda like what you want. Now if the wheel had a 2" positive offset then the outside would have a 2" lip and 6" back space. Understand? Negative offset has a lot of lip or dish to it, a lot of cars and trucks from the old days ran alot of negative offset. Modern cars seem to run alot of postive offset no lip. The problem with adding negative offset to your truck without any lift will cause the tires to rub or worse. When you add a lot of negative offset and reduce back spacing it pushes the wheels out, makes the overall width of the track wider.

I don't know what the specs are on the factory wheels, I'm sure you can find it here or someone will chime in. I would try to keep your new wheels as close to factory specs or go with a wheel that others are using.

Hope this helps.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.