Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My front differential is blown and beyond repair. I had someone remove it as it was causing more problems being connected. I'm leaking a little gear oil at the moment. I had a 3 inch lift installed on it, custom exhaust, and a few other things. Warranty no longer covers the truck. So there isn't a recall for it.

What are my options with getting 4wd back and fully operational? I need reliable 4wd. We've got tons of snow and I'm concerned about getting a used differential, as it's an obvious gamble.

What do you all recommend. Consider yourself VERY lucky if you've not suffered the differential Terror.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Don't have an answer for you, but what were some of the symptoms before your 4wd went out? After my lift I've been hearing a rattling/grinding type noise just before I come to a halt from the front end. Today I noticed some thick, greyish fluid from the front diff after a day of some rough off roading. Sound familiar at all? Hope you get your question answered.
Yeah it does. Grinding, rattling, knocking. Have to park it in the grass. Sorry to hear you've got a similar problem.

I'm just curious of what options now, are for it. Debating on just selling it and buying a different one. Would hate to throw a lot of money at it and it either not fix the problem or reoccur. Flip side....I really like the truck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts