Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 2006 Titan 1 month ago and let my girl take my truck out(first and LAST time) and while parking my truck she ran it into a wood beam that holds up our car port. :bangit: The damage is between passenger rear door and the bed. I added pictures to show you guys what it looks like. It has a small dent bout the size of 2 of my fingers. The paint missing is about the same, 2 fingers worth. The paint on the door is messed up from the white paint on the wood post.

Now with all the experts here what can/should I do to home remedy this. Now it does have a very small dent that wil have to get taken care of in the future but for now I wanted to do my best to fix the problem....

Help a new Titan owner out!!!!:crying:

Attachments

·
Registered
14,135 Posts
Get a new girlfriend.

·
Premium Member
574 Posts
The marks on the door you might be able to get out with some rubbing compound and a buffer. As far as the dent goes, it doesn't look like much you can do without having some bodywork done. I would however, spray any bare metal with white primer, to keep it from rusting, till you have have the work done...

As far as the GF thing, I'm sure you contemplated that already (after you where done cussing)...lol

Look on the bright side, it could have been worse.

·
Registered
14,135 Posts
Come on seriously?? I really could use some help. Not BS about getting a new GF
Oh come on:teethmast:teethmast

Do you have any pics from farther away, its hard to see what the damage looks like so up close ya know?

Maybe could paint the one side and be done with the it, the other side it looks like the dent is on a crease, which is more of a problem to get pulled. Thats what i think.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sorry guys for being so short. Im just so pissed right now. i will take some pics tomorrow in the day time to show you. I was thinking of trying to buff out as much as I can and then white primer to the small paint chips with possibly getting some of the paint from Nissan to cover it up with a clear coat. Remember this is all a temp fix till I can afford to get everything done professionally...

What ya think?

·
Registered
14,135 Posts
Sounds like a good plan to me. keep the rust from getting on the body.

·
Premium Member
...08 Pro4X...
70,395 Posts
That's not gonna be a cheap fix...:(

·
Registered
17,713 Posts
See here's my strategy... I've been on here long enough to see that a lot of horror stories come from when women drive our trucks (Granted titanupgirl messed up her own truck lol). So my plan is to never let the gf drive my truck. Unless the house catches on fire and it needs to be backed out... :teeth:

On a serious note... Your gonna get charged a ton for bodywork. At the least spray something over it to protect from rust.

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
#1: Make girl friends insurance pay to fix it. She did the damage, she should be fixing it.

#2: don't let girl friend drive your cars anymore.

Reactions: RoyJl42

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
that just looks like a horrible spot for a dent bro....idk ur gonna get charged an arm and a leg for a body shop to do the work for ya. find a buddy or a friend who can do it....other than that buff what u can and like we have said just get something on it so it wont rust...nothing much else can be done

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ok so if you look in the picture... You can see the white paint from the post on the truck. It is typical white paint from a 4x4 holding up the roof. Any suggestions on how to get it off? It I can get it off there is no dent on that part of it and then I can feel ok if I touch up the rest for now and let the dent be and get it fixed at a later date....

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for all the help guys. I really appreciate it! I will try the Magic Eraser out in the morning and post how it goes!

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
that is one of the worst spots to get a dent. my advice(coming from a body man) dont do any kind of cheap fix because its just going to make it more difficult for the body shop. go get an estimate as soon as possible with the damage as is. just get the estimate before you do anything to it so the shop can see exactly what they are dealing with. i know the feeling, my dad backed into my truck 2 days after it came out of the shop from being rear ended and made it worse. the whole quarter panel had to be replaced

Attachments

·
Registered
839 Posts
Lots of comments to get rid of the girlfriend....and no pictures of her yet.

As far as fixing the truck. Either get some paint on where needed to prevent any rust "for now" and get a boby shop to fix it. That looks bad!

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
happened to my truck in a drive thru-- wife turned right into a metal post, almost wrecking the door, but messing up the passenger front fender pretty good... went to my FIL who owns a body shop and he adjusted the fender so I can open the door properly... picked up some fender flares-- dent isn't as noticeable anymore.

Tried to find a replacement fender from various people on this forum, and they all fell through-- the last guy, with same color fender, went back on our deal and traded with someone else. DOH! Still looking for a factory smoke fender...

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Ok here is a zoomed out Picture of the dent. It really isnt as bad as I made it out to be. I was so P.O yesterday that I wasnt in a right frame of mind to describe it. Is my truck dented slightly and needing paint...YES. It it livable for now...YES. Will my GF ever, ever drive my truck again?? O HELLS NO!!

SLOride...I really want to thank you for the magic eraser tip.It worked perfectly. I got about 95% of the paint off the door. Only reason I didnt get 100% off it off was I was out there scrubbing it off in the middle of a rain storm. It really worked like a charm!!!

Let me know what you guys think!!

Attachments

1 - 20 of 34 Posts