Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
12,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:crying: Yup I did it. I had to get more pulling power and payload capacity. I'll post some pics of the already dirty new Cheby 2500HD with a Duramax Diesel. The good thing is I will have some stuff to sell. (Will be on the Buy/sell thread soon) I will still be around here so you guys cant get rid of me yet. Pics coming......................

·
Premium Member
3,350 Posts
Good luck with the new truck. I hope it serves your needs well.

Clint

·
Banned
27,783 Posts
Oh what ever you want to believe!!
How's that heavy duty doing??

·
Registered
12,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Some pics.................Check out that new butt ugly exhaust pipe thats reguired on all 07 and up diesels now. It has it so it doesnt start fires in grass and so on when the regeneration happens. You would think on a 55K truck they would have chromed it at least.

Attachments

·
Registered
12,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
More pics................

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,088 Posts
Helinut1970 said:
Some pics.................Check out that new butt ugly exhaust pipe thats reguired on all 07 and up diesels now. It has it so it doesnt start fires in grass and so on when the regeneration happens. You would think on a 55K truck they would have chromed it at least.

I can guess what your fist mod is going to be. :upsidedow

·
Registered
12,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Bayou Titan said:
I can guess what your fist mod is going to be. :upsidedow
Im not sure it can be chromed because of this new exhaust regeneration it goes through about every full tank of fuel. The temp gets over 1000 degrees for about 20 min. It might burn the chrome off.

·
Registered
2,673 Posts
nice interior, but the truck is real ugly looking specially the exhaust pipe!! IMO

maybe it need a lift and bigger tires.. to go with the truck. Good luck

·
Premium Member
4,088 Posts
Helinut1970 said:
Im not sure it can be chromed because of this new exhaust regeneration it goes through about every full tank of fuel. The temp gets over 1000 degrees for about 20 min. It might burn the chrome off.
I'm thinking stainless steel. :)

·
Registered
12,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Bayou Titan said:
I'm thinking stainless steel. :)
My Volant tip on my Titan yellowed a bit from that reg. heat I would think It would really yellow out with this truck. I need to check into it though and get some ideas because it is really butt ugly and needs something done. They even left the writing on it for crying out loud!! I am sure they will come out with something later to remedy this. These exhaust systems just came out this year so it will take a bit of time Im sure.

·
Registered
4,808 Posts
Well congrats Helislut!
It sounds like you got a great deal on an ugly truck. HAHA SORRY! They just dont compare to the Titans. I hope that it works out for you!

·
Registered
73 Posts
55k on a truck with the price of diesel running so high to. I am sure that your going to get allot of good years of service from that new ride.

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
Hellinut - Enjoy the new truck in good health. I wish you better Chevy luck than I was ever able to manage. Have fun with it!

·
Registered
12,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Crazypete said:
55k on a truck with the price of diesel running so high to. I am sure that your going to get allot of good years of service from that new ride.
Diesel is running just over regular unleaded. Not to bad. I can say that my milage went from 11 to 11 1/2 in the city with my lovely Titan to 13.6 in the city with the diesel. Havent had a long trip on the highway yet to see the highway miles. So I guess the little extra pennys for the price of diesel over the cost of regular unleaded is well worth it.:)

1 - 20 of 40 Posts