Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 2006 Fleetwood Niagara from a local dealer here in Mesa, AZ. I was told this is one of the top of the line models. I was looking at a 2007 but they had a 2006 on the lot that was only slightly used. Long story short I took it out for the first time this weekend down to Wilcox, AZ. The first time I used the sink the water backed up. I couldnt figure out what the problem was. After looking around come to find out that the trailer does not have a gray water holding tank. The water had backed up. It has a fresh tank and black tank. Thats it. I was told when I bought it that the 2006 and 2007 models were exactly the same except for the color schemes. The salesman reviewed with me that it had a 20 gal fresh, 6 gal water heater, and 20 gal gray tank. When I go onto fleetwoods website it shows a 20 gal gray tank as a standard feature. This is the first trailer I have ever bought. Can anyone shed some light as maybe why this trailer does not have the tank? Sorry for the long post, just really frustrated to find out I dont have a holding tank while in the middle of camping.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Take it back to the dealer. It's supposed to have a grey tank. They all do. The factory goofed. It's not a big problem for the dealer to install the tank.
I just hope you didn't buy the trailer used "as is". Good luck. We just bought a 27' Nomad from Little Dealer. It tows great, hope yours does too.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I just realized the trailer you have is a tent trailer. It probably doesn't have the gray tank. We had a Coleman and had to use a portable gray tank on wheels, bought from Camping world. Sometimes we just hooked up a short hose to the sink outlet and let it flow onto the ground. Same way with the shower outlet. Could also just let it drain in to a 5 gal bucket and empty it often. Check out the Fleetwood website for your model and see what the specs are.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
TomAZ said:
I just realized the trailer you have is a tent trailer. It probably doesn't have the gray tank. We had a Coleman and had to use a portable gray tank on wheels, bought from Camping world. Sometimes we just hooked up a short hose to the sink outlet and let it flow onto the ground. Same way with the shower outlet. Could also just let it drain in to a 5 gal bucket and empty it often. Check out the Fleetwood website for your model and see what the specs are.
I looked on thier website but they dont have the 2006 model info anymore. Only 2007. But I was told that the only change in the years was the color schemes. It shows a 20 gal gray tank as standard. I did get the trailer at little dealer.

http://www.fleetwoodcampingtrailers.com/model_detail.aspx?mid=17&sid=5

·
Registered
26 Posts
The 2005 I saw had a cassette toilet, no black tank and no grey tank. Sounds like you are in the middle and they upgraded with the 2007. I was not impressed with their knowledge at little dealer. Especially in the service dept. Their sales people are salaried, not commissioned so they have little incentive to sell let alone make you happy. But you have a legitimate beef. Go kick some ***. Wish I could be more helpfull. We've bought 3 trailers from them and had good luck, but we found out we had to do our homework so we knew more about the trailers than they did. Our new Nomad is in their service dept right now. They tore the awning up the day they got it ready for our walk through. They had to order a new awning. 30 days later we called to find out when we could bring it in. They asked which awning was it and color etc. They had done nothing until we called. I watch them like a hawk now. Don't trust that they will do what you want unless you bark at them. Like I'm doing.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
TomAZ said:
The 2005 I saw had a cassette toilet, no black tank and no grey tank. Sounds like you are in the middle and they upgraded with the 2007. I was not impressed with their knowledge at little dealer. Especially in the service dept. Their sales people are salaried, not commissioned so they have little incentive to sell let alone make you happy. But you have a legitimate beef. Go kick some ***. Wish I could be more helpfull. We've bought 3 trailers from them and had good luck, but we found out we had to do our homework so we knew more about the trailers than they did. Our new Nomad is in their service dept right now. They tore the awning up the day they got it ready for our walk through. They had to order a new awning. 30 days later we called to find out when we could bring it in. They asked which awning was it and color etc. They had done nothing until we called. I watch them like a hawk now. Don't trust that they will do what you want unless you bark at them. Like I'm doing.
Thats funny you say that. When I bought it they were doing the walkthrough with me and one of the snaps that hold the shower curtain to the roof was missing so the guy asked one of his techs to put one in. The guy grabbed a snap and a screw and screwed it to the roof. The screw he used was too long and he went about 1/4 inch out the top of the roof. I didnt see it at first until I got it home. I have to take it back to them next weekend. I talked to them today about the gray tank and kinda tricked the salesman by asking him again what size tank it had and he again said 20 gal. Then I told him it didnt have one at all. He was just kinda dumbfounded after I said that. I told him that the reason I bought that specific trailer was I was told it had tanks so I could be totally self sufficient. He said that when I bring it in to get the roof fixed he can go with me to talk to the service manager. I straight out told him that I want a tank installed or they can give me a portable 20 gal tank. Either way I want a gray storage tank so we'll see what happens on saturday. I agree. I am not impressed at all with the knowledge of their salesmen.

·
Super Moderator
160,774 Posts
The Coleman pop up I had didn't have a gray tank either. It had fresh, but no gray.

·
Registered
6,373 Posts
There is no gray water tank, the drain is plumbed outside and has a cap on it. It's a standard hose bib type, you can attach a small length og garden hose to the outlet, and the other end of the hose can got into a 5 gal bucket...That's what I do with my P/U trailer.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
loufish said:
There is no gray water tank, the drain is plumbed outside and has a cap on it. It's a standard hose bib type, you can attach a small length og garden hose to the outlet, and the other end of the hose can got into a 5 gal bucket...That's what I do with my P/U trailer.
According to some other people the gray tank being standard was new for the 2007 model. The salesman told me the 2006 and 2007 were the same. I was originally looking at the 2007. I still think they should either put one in or give me a portable one. Whether the salesman lied on purpose or just didnt know his stuff...they still lied to me about what I was getting. I wish I could have looked for myself but to be honest this is my first trailer and I didnt know what I was looking for. I am taking it back to them on Saturday so we will see what they do for me.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
BFE TITAN said:
According to some other people the gray tank being standard was new for the 2007 model. The salesman told me the 2006 and 2007 were the same. I was originally looking at the 2007. I still think they should either put one in or give me a portable one. Whether the salesman lied on purpose or just didnt know his stuff...they still lied to me about what I was getting. I wish I could have looked for myself but to be honest this is my first trailer and I didnt know what I was looking for. I am taking it back to them on Saturday so we will see what they do for me.

I feel your pain...I was told I was getting bigger lp tanks than just standard ones. Well Guess what I got the standard ones. I faught tooth and nail but nothing came from it. Hope you have better luck.
It seems that most sales men don't really know the products, because they swith jobs a lot more than they used to.

·
Registered
6,373 Posts
The big problem is proving the saleman say what, the say b/s all the time, but if it's not included somewere on the paperwork it's tuff to get it later...

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
loufish said:
The big problem is proving the saleman say what, the say b/s all the time, but if it's not included somewere on the paperwork it's tuff to get it later...
Yeah. I dropped it off today so we'll see what they say. I talked to the service dept and they said only the 2007 comes with a tank. I talked to the tech about what the salesman said and he kinda understood what I was *****in about. I dont think the salesman I dealt with was too bright. He said they couldnt mount one underneath but to talk to the salesman about giving me a portable one atleast. He said just stay on him so we will see what happens. He seemed like he was kinda on my side. The salesman is supposed to call me later today. :boxing:

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
I would be pissed to in many places it is illegal to dump your grey water anywhere, even out in the desert.

And when you stay someplace for a week and people take showers, that water has to go someplace....

·
Registered
293 Posts
You can get Gray water tanks from camping world. I have to friends with pop up trailers and both of theirs have no gray water tanks. Being in a sales business I can tell you if it is not in writing forget about it. If they are in honest dealer it works for both sides. We have people come in and say the sales men said I get this or that and it will be totaly false. The best thing you could have done is get it on the sales contract that it would have all the same items as a 07 just color change. Now if the sales manager is cool he will help you out. Go in there and ask him to install a gray tank giving you the parts at their cost, or just sale you the parts at cost. It dosent fix your problem but it helps you out.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I don't know about the 06's but I have an 05, and it doesn't have a gray water tank, mine is like Loufish's and is plumbed outside w/ a cap.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
hondarider227 said:
You can get Gray water tanks from camping world. I have to friends with pop up trailers and both of theirs have no gray water tanks. Being in a sales business I can tell you if it is not in writing forget about it. If they are in honest dealer it works for both sides. We have people come in and say the sales men said I get this or that and it will be totaly false. The best thing you could have done is get it on the sales contract that it would have all the same items as a 07 just color change. Now if the sales manager is cool he will help you out. Go in there and ask him to install a gray tank giving you the parts at their cost, or just sale you the parts at cost. It dosent fix your problem but it helps you out.
I know that they technically dont have to do anything because its not in writing but im hoping they will help me out in someway. I mean I even called him back after I found out it doesnt have one and he said again that it had one. Then when I dropped it off today at their service department the person at the counter even told me it had one. It wasnt until the srevice technician came out and looked at the trailer did he square it away and told me it was a new feature for 2007. My biggest complaint is that I was looking at the 2007 model and would have bought it if I knew about the tank situation. That was the biggest selling point for me. Oh well. I can always get a portable one but im hoping they can atleast help me out with that.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts