Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was going about 35. i gave a throttle just a little blip and the truck made a sucking air sound that i have never heard a car do before at that low of rpm. i think it was just the intake sucking in air. my honda kinda made the same sound, but i had to be WOT and give it gas just right before i dropped the clutch. i

i gave the truck a few more little blips just to see if it would do it again and it did. i have never noticed it before, but ive only had it for a week.

·
Premium Member
4,160 Posts
I wouldn't worry about it unless it gets louder or more frequent.

·
Premium Member
58,286 Posts
Were you near a civic or corolla? That's the sound it makes when a small car gets sucked into the intake manifold.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Do you an aftermarket intake. I have an AEM Brute Force and it does the same thing. Almost sound like turbo. Haha... It really sucks....

·
Registered
14,135 Posts
ya my intake manifold does that all the time with my nismo cai. I like it.

·
Registered
5,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
its a stock intake, but im sure thats what it is. its not real loud. i have to have the radio off and the heater real low or off to hear it. ill just have to pop the hood and have someone else hit the gas to see where its coming from. i just wanna make sure i dont have some sorta air leak in the intake

·
Registered
132 Posts
I had that happen once and I found that my air cleaner box latches came undone and the bottom tabs had slipped out. This left a gap in the airbox!

-Lab

1 - 9 of 9 Posts