Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so they game me a really good deal on an XE with the preferred package, nonsliding bed extender and bedliner.

Now im supposed to pick up the truck this weekend. I was doing some research on line on the contents of the preferred package and one of items were 18" alloy wheels.

Well the truck that im picking up have the most basic wheels. Im getting charged the full price of the preferred package and im not getting the wheels. Should i make them put the correct wheels on since im paying for them?(i know i should)

I just dont want to be out of line when i complain. So i thought i'd ask you guys first.

·
Super Moderator
35,652 Posts
OverSt said:
Ok, so they game me a really good deal on an XE with the preferred package, nonsliding bed extender and bedliner.

Now im supposed to pick up the truck this weekend. I was doing some research on line on the contents of the preferred package and one of items were 18" alloy wheels.

Well the truck that im picking up have the most basic wheels. Im getting charged the full price of the preferred package and im not getting the wheels. Should i make them put the correct wheels on since im paying for them?(i know i should)

I just dont want to be out of line when i complain. So i thought i'd ask you guys first.
You paid for the preferred package and that's what you should get.

Start off treating it like an oversight and see where you need to go from there.

It should be no big deal for the dealership. I bet they have "your" wheels laying around that other buyers upgraded from.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Complain....You have to ask and expect to get the world from these guys.
even if the wheels dont belong on that particular model.....ask for them anyways

the worst the say is no.....and its not like they dont wanna sell a truck
its the end of the month for cryin out loud

·
Premium Member
92,554 Posts
Well, if it comes with the truck, you'd better believe I'd expect it to be on there when I pick it up.... They'll just swap out the wheels/tires with another one on the lot if you gripe and then it's the next person who's out of luck. But definitely, tell them you want what's in the package.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Your window sticker will list and itemize all the contents of the package. If it's on the sticker, it better darn well be on the truck.
Cheers, Lee S.

·
Premium Member
17,446 Posts
What year model? The 08 XE come with 18" steelies.
The XE prefer package does not offer 18" alloy wheel

Preferred Package
# AM/FM/in-dash 6-CD audio system
# MP3/WMA CD capability
# Auxiliary audio input
# Satellite radio pre-wiring1
# Overhead center console
# Remote keyless entry
# Vehicle Security System
# Nissan Vehicle Immobilizer System

* XM® Satellite Radio requires subscription sold separately after first three trial months. All fees and programming subject to change. See your dealer for details. Satellite radio service only available in the 48 contiguous United States. The XM name is a registered trademark of XM Satellite Radio Inc.

·
Registered
591 Posts
That was my question...What year is it? The '07 XEs had steel wheels and I think the '08s have the 18" wheel in the preferred pack (the old SE wheels). The year model you are buying makes the difference.

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
my 05 xe with preffered package did not come with them either .... you think i can get them ? haha.. i dont even have the truck anymore !

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
oh yeah and i found out the reason behind 08 xes having the old LE wheels, nissans getting rid of them all and putting them on xe's but ones that arent BASE line...thats untill they run out though..

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
Check the window sticker. If they are on it and not on the truck the dealer is breaking the law by not having them on the truck. They can add pieces, but not subtract them. My wife found this out with her Subaru Tribeca. The dealership got it from another dealer for her and when we went to get it it did not have the aerobars (roof rack) on it. They told her the price they gave her did not include them. Low and behold when she spoke to another salesman who was giving her a ride home when she was getting her remote start put in she got told if it is on the sticker it best be on the vehicle. Guess what? The bars mysteriously appeared on the car when she went to pick it up.

·
Registered
591 Posts
If it's a crew cab you get power stuff. No on King cabs:crying: ....

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ok i picked up my new XE. only thing i regret is the no power windows, locks and keyless entry.

Does anyone know the part numbers i need to do a factory keyless entry and power locks and windows on this thing. i want to use oem parts and i know i will need new door panels but i dont think that will be a problem.

·
Registered
3,655 Posts
OverSt said:
ok i picked up my new XE. only thing i regret is the no power windows, locks and keyless entry.

Does anyone know the part numbers i need to do a factory keyless entry and power locks and windows on this thing. i want to use oem parts and i know i will need new door panels but i dont think that will be a problem.
wow u got alot of work to do. i have an 06 xe pref pack crew cab and it came with all the power stuff because i wanted a descent truck at a reasonable price. i think ur stuck with a "work" truck because doing all that will probably cost more than buying the equip. in the first place.

·
Premium Member
2,640 Posts
The power door locks and keyless entry isnt a problem, the power windows will break the bank though, unless you can find a wrecked one that you can salvage the parts off of.

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
yep, i spent 1300 on aftermarket locks and windows for a 4door sedan... and the locks quit working 3 months after

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
does anyone have the part numbers that i might need. i want to compile of list of parts. i want to at least have oem door locks, door lock switches and window switches. I'll go with the spal kit for power windows and go with a clifford 2 way alarm for the keyless entry.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts