Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well like many others I've traded in the T. It all started as a joke with the wife yesterday. I dropped the T off for service and getting the recalls taken care of and the Nissan dealer also has a Ford dealership attached to them. I made the comment that I wanted to test drive and buy a 2011 Mustang GT when we came back to get the truck, so I did. Both. I went back to my roots and am now the prowd new owner of a new Mustang GT. That thing is amazing. It's so much faster the the 04 that I had. Most of the stuff (not the wheels and tires or leveling kit or step bars) that is in my signature I will be posting for sale, but a close friend gets first call on what he wants. I'll list it once he takes what he wants. I've had a great time with the T and on here. Thanks again for all of the help.

·
Premium Member
59,135 Posts
Congrats on the mustang. I'll bet it's fun.

·
Registered
6,390 Posts
That's a great car! Outrageous aftermarket support too. Congrats on the new ride.

·
Registered
5,522 Posts
Just watched an hour worth of videos on the new 2011 last night. LOL Congrats on the new ride man!

·
Premium Member
31,154 Posts

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
Mustangs are cool cars, hope you enjoy! But this thread puzzles me in that I need to have a truck for normal living out here in BFE, so I couldn't fathom trading in the truck for a basic 2 seater car. Which makes me guess that most people who make this kind of trade really didn't need a truck in the first place, which then makes me wonder what would want to make someone drive around a 6000lb 14mpg vehicle that they don't need?

Anyway, congrats on the car!

·
Registered
827 Posts
My neighbor has a 2011 convertible (V6) sitting in his driveway right now. It is a very nice car. Of course, the 2011 GT and GT500 he has before it were nicer ;)

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
congrats on the new ride, what color?
It's white also. I'll post some pics tomorrow. Thanks again everyone. A huge part of me misses the T already but the new toy is so BA!

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Mustangs are cool cars, hope you enjoy! But this thread puzzles me in that I need to have a truck for normal living out here in BFE, so I couldn't fathom trading in the truck for a basic 2 seater car. Which makes me guess that most people who make this kind of trade really didn't need a truck in the first place, which then makes me wonder what would want to make someone drive around a 6000lb 14mpg vehicle that they don't need?

Anyway, congrats on the car!
It's called capability. You might not use it everyday, but you have it just in case you need it. The same thing can be applied to the new Mustang. Why would anyone need a 411hp car that can do 0-60 in 4.0 secs and the 1/4 mile in the low 12's with a top speed of 180mph? Are you ever going to need that kind of power on the street? Probably not because most people were doing just fine with the 150hp Mustang GT 30 years ago.

I didn't really need a truck either, not a fullsized one anyway, but I bought it because I have the capability if I so desire to tow my project car and put cargo in the bed. In addition, it's a lot safer driving it around than some 4cyl econobox tin can in a sea of traffic filled with Tahoes, Suburbans, F-250's, Tundras, Rams, Escalades, you name it. Physics dictate that a 2500lb small car is not going to do very well against a 8000 lb 4x4 lifted Super Duty if the two ever collided. I didn't want to become some fatality statistic. Having a bigger vehicle with more weight behind it provides a little more protection with all the big lifted trucks that are driving around.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Here is a pic from the phone.

Attachments

Reactions: TitanBlue

·
Registered
2020 Cardinal Red PR
148 Posts
awesome, they put the 5.0 badge back on the side :D Love it!

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Anyone who owns a home needs at least 1 truck. I got tired of having everything delivered to my house. I dont use my truck for hauling all the time but when projects etc... come up i dont have to call for help or pay for delivery.

Nice car btw... post some more pics when you get a chance.

·
Registered
6,390 Posts
Wow, I'm surprised at jut how much I like that articular one. Very clean modern looking with simple badging. I like the 5.0 (classic engine size) vs a 4.6 (I laughed out load the first time I saw a 4.6 emblem on a Mustang. Wondered why they would want anyone else to know)

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
After I throw some tint and the chin spoiler on I think it will help a lot. I had an 04 GT and this thing is like so refined compared to that one. Looks, power and handeling are amazing. And with a car that runs high 12's stock and mid 11's after a tune, exhaust and slicks, yeah it sure does bring a smile to my face every time I get in it.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts