Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I tore my CV boot the other day. Not sure when or how but I need to get it fixed.

How much do you think I'm looking at? It's the passenger side inner boot on a 4WD. Dearler has always treated me really good but I have a PC lift which I'm sure they will say it's no longer under warranty.

Lift has been on for 2 years now without any problem....HELP

·
Registered
22 Posts
i also have the pc lift and tore both cv boots in glamis. big pain. havn't offroaded since. scared to tear them again. pc lifts are crap.

·
Premium Member
6,099 Posts
providers said:
i also have the pc lift and tore both cv boots in glamis. big pain. havn't offroaded since. scared to tear them again. pc lifts are crap.
I fail to see how the brand of lift matters (unless there's some bracketry rubbing, doubtful) other-wise any lift of the same height will put the same angle on the CV's.

·
Registered
6,004 Posts
Sammy Sandbag said:
I fail to see how the brand of lift matters (unless there's some bracketry rubbing, doubtful) other-wise any lift of the same height will put the same angle on the CV's.

I tore mine prior to installing the lift, the dealer did it in about 3 hours, along with some other work. It was an outer one.

As Sammy says: brand lift has nothing to do with the CV boot tearing, his comments are spot on. I personally think that all the bracket style lifts are pretty much the same. For those that want to hardcore the CST seems to be holding up the best so far. To call the PC lift "crap" is just plain ignorant. Oh, and I'm not saying that because that is what I have. If I were to start over again, I'd buy the same kit again.

·
Supporting Vendor (Gold)
1,897 Posts
Considering all the current bracket lifts drop the diff the same amount (well within 1/4" actually), there really is no difference between any of the lifts as far as CV angles are concerned. DJ, nissan sells a repalcement boot kit, i have a couple of them here. Its not too difficult of a job, but still not great. As far as torn boots go, its very rare, nothing like toyota.

·
Registered
5,748 Posts
It's a relatively easy fix to do yourself in the driveway. All you really need is a good vice. I did them all the time on FWD cars. As long as the inners arent damaged from debris getting in there, you should have nothing to worry about.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts