Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey so i have a flowmaster super 10 instaled which has single in single out and have my rear cats already traded with dynomax bullets next i want some borla mufflers in the the place of this and either just do a muffler swap or do true dual my outlet right now is 3" out and whatever stock is in does anyone know what size that is?

but anyways what setup would you guys recommend thanks

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
I'm not sure how loud the super 10 is or how loud you want your truck to be. I have the xr1 muffler and it's loud, even before I got headers. The pro-xs series is fairly popular around here as well.

·
Registered
1,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
do you have a video of it that i can check out?

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
I had a ProXS on my 06 with Thorley Long Tubes and loved it. GREAT deep sound and not obnoxiously loud.

·
Registered
17,713 Posts
With stock piping compared to my bullet, the pro-xs was about 60-70% as loud. If your looking for LOUD, the pro-xs isn't the best option. I loved it, but not loud enough :D

Might want to look into the XR1's

·
Premium Member
1,902 Posts
I had a ProXS on my 06 with Thorley Long Tubes and loved it. GREAT deep sound and not obnoxiously loud.
is this your T by any chance?? lol

it remains as one of my all time fav sounding TITANS. i DL'ed that vid from b.u.r.t.m.a.n.i.n.d.u.s.t.r.i.e.s.com. it's the borla catback w/ i'm assuming at least headers among other mods. i have no idea whose T that is.

·
Registered
5,522 Posts
X2......lovin' the pro xs borlas. 1/2 as loud as the bullet under wot, part throttle it's deep & not near as loud as the bullet. I dumped mine 4ft from header flange.

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
is this your T by any chance?? lol
YouTube - ‪Nissan Titan mystery exhaust SYSTEM‬‏

it remains as one of my all time fav sounding TITANS. i DL'ed that vid from b.u.r.t.m.a.n.i.n.d.u.s.t.r.i.e.s.com. it's the borla catback w/ i'm assuming at least headers among other mods. i have no idea whose T that is.
No that's not mine. I never had a chance to get any vids of my truck after I finished it and before I sold it.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
I have the proxs on my titan and the XL on my wife's expy I like them both. for most normal people (keep in mind I have long tubes and no cats) the XS is loud enough. if you want obnoxious loud like a top fuel dragster get longtubes no cats and a classic chambered muffler powerstick in 3", it is straight drag strip loud, I couldn't handle startup even in the day on the weekends, sh!t came off soon as my welding buddy had time, it lasted less than a week and I put my old flowmaster 40 series on til my borla came in... chambered exhausts can be even louder hooked up backwards from what I heard...

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
I have the proxs on my titan and the XL on my wife's expy I like them both. for most normal people (keep in mind I have long tubes and no cats) the XS is loud enough. if you want obnoxious loud like a top fuel dragster get longtubes no cats and a classic chambered muffler powerstick in 3", it is straight drag strip loud, I couldn't handle startup even in the day on the weekends, sh!t came off soon as my welding buddy had time, it lasted less than a week and I put my old flowmaster 40 series on til my borla came in... chambered exhausts can be even louder hooked up backwards from what I heard...
Got a vid/sound clip? I have DT LTs & BerkTech Bpipes and I'm considering the proxs or XL, leaning towards the XL. If not Borla then a 22" magnaflow or x-pipe.

·
Registered
5,522 Posts
Got a vid/sound clip? I have DT LTs & BerkTech Bpipes and I'm considering the proxs or XL, leaning towards the XL. If not Borla then a 22" magnaflow or x-pipe.
Get the Pro XS, best sounding muffler I've ever heard in my life! I love mine:)

Reactions: JDos1 and ostaF

·
Registered
2,604 Posts

·
Registered
1,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
ok so what you guys are saying is swap out the super 10? keep the bullets in place of the rear resonators and either go xr1 or the pro xs muffler?

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
You say if you don't get Borla then you'll get a 22" Magnaflow....This tells me that you want something that is quieter (hence the reason for a 22" magnaflow). In that case buy the ProXS, the XR1 will be too loud.

Go with the ProXS. You'll love it. I was iffy about getting it when I first got my T but I'm darn glad I did.

Get the Pro XS, best sounding muffler I've ever heard in my life! I love mine:)
+1!!!!

Reactions: ostaF

·
Registered
59 Posts
I bought a weld in Spintech. Have stock pipes leading up to and from it all the way back. Only other mod was hollowing out the rear cats, and I get people asking me what I have all the time. It sounds like a pissed off mustang on roids. I've been running Spintech on every truck/car I've ever had and won't run anything else. When I hit it in a tunnel, it sounds like the back stretch at the Daytona 500.

·
Banned
1,269 Posts
borla is LOUD NOT DEEP (without cats that is) with cats and headers its a deep deep tone :)

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
borla is LOUD NOT DEEP (without cats that is) with cats and headers its a deep deep tone :)
Only the XR1...The ProXS is deep with longtubes.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts