Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Everything I search on is too big.

It's a 2WD, Crewcab SE.

When I tow my boat it sags too much in the rear. I know I could do air bags, but I would rather do something that just raised the truck up 2 inches.

Anything I can do? Add a leaf to the back and spacers up front?

I looked at a front leveling kit and they wanted almost 600 bucks installed, that really doesn't do anything for the back...

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Equal-I-Zer brand hitch. You will not need a lift with this.

If you want to lift it anyway. Contact Greg or Jen at PRG Products, and tell them your desires. They are perfect for your stocking stuffers. LOL

·
Registered
12,754 Posts
You can get a prg mini lift, which is a level kit with a I think 1", or 2" lift in the rear. It is very easy to install with basic tools, a jack, and some jack stands.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Maybe go with a 4" spindle lift in the front and a 1.5 deaver pack in the back however even with this if you dont like the sag i would go with airbags in the for this setup. i dont know how you want the truck to sit before you put the boat on higher in the front or higher in the rear or level?:gunz:

·
Premium Member
823 Posts
PRG mini lift. For a 2wd you can do a 2" or 2 1/2" up front and it comes with 1" in the rear. It would improve the "stance" of your truck while giving you the lift you desire. Install seems straight forward, I would think between $100 and $200 for labor. The kit has all the parts you need. They are a site sponsor give them a look. http://www.prgproducts.com/titan_rear.php

·
Registered
422 Posts
luvbelly said:
PRG mini lift. For a 2wd you can do a 2" or 2 1/2" up front and it comes with 1" in the rear. It would improve the "stance" of your truck while giving you the lift you desire. Install seems straight forward, I would think between $100 and $200 for labor. The kit has all the parts you need. They are a site sponsor give them a look. http://www.prgproducts.com/titan_rear.php
Well i think the biggest thing to him is that he doesnt want the rear of his truck to sag and this kit without rear airbags will still squat quite a bit, this kit with the bags filled would keep it level, i think he just doesnt like the fact that the rear of the truck sits so low when his boat is on and if thats the case then he shouldnt put the mini lift without airbags, however i do think that is going to be the best kit with the minimal amount of lift desired. my truck still sags a bit with our 24ft deck boat on my truck and i put a 2" tapered block with 2.5 deavers with bilsteins in the rear, when it was stock my truck looked like a prerunner race truck with the boat on, next for me will be airbags.:cheers:

·
Registered
662 Posts
You can also consider the Roadmaster Active Suspension system.

·
Registered
66 Posts
You can install add a leafs...that will raise the rear of your truck about a inch and a half and add more tongue weight....i think they cost about $150

·
Registered
6,373 Posts
With PRG's lift spacer up front and the Deaver 2.5" mini pak in the rear you'll get a lot of bang for the buck...If you can budget it, get the replacement Bilsteins all around.

This will give the rear some lift, add some spring rate to help with loads and towing, all the while getting rid of the factory overload leaf which blows for ride control.

If you have a real sag issue, then I suggest air bags, but try the Deaver Mini-pak first along with the Bilsteins...

·
Registered
422 Posts
quikslvr7 said:
You can install add a leafs...that will raise the rear of your truck about a inch and a half and add more tongue weight....i think they cost about $150[/QUOT

That way when you arent towing your boat this is how your truck will sit.........
STINKBUG!:jester:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Just lifting the truck 2" isn't going to cure your sag problem.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Grnhead said:
Everything I search on is too big.

It's a 2WD, Crewcab SE.

When I tow my boat it sags too much in the rear. I know I could do air bags, but I would rather do something that just raised the truck up 2 inches.

Anything I can do? Add a leaf to the back and spacers up front?

I looked at a front leveling kit and they wanted almost 600 bucks installed, that really doesn't do anything for the back...
well tell us more about what you would like!

·
Registered
6,373 Posts
So what that the truck drops down 2 inches...It's supposed to, if it doesn't the springs are too stiff.
Get a good set of shocks(not Ranchos) and let it drop a whole inch or two and enjoy the ride...

My Deaver mini-pak helped the sagging, but still rides/handles great

1 - 13 of 13 Posts