Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
6,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You know.....my buddy at work said the same dang thing!!!! Coincidence???
I know you said go for it.......but for real is anyone as partial to a Grand National as i am??? And this one is what i want.......a driver not a collector. BTW.....THE Titan is staying!!!!!!

·
Banned
27,783 Posts
Make sure you test drive it, and have it looked over before any cash trades hands.

The Trans. in those things get abused, and are not cheap.

Also, the Turbos should be looked at very carefully by someone qualified to do so.

·
Banned
6,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
P's Titan said:
hey it looks nice, not sure of what the history is on it but it sure does look clean.
Doesnt sound like it runs too bad either. Think i am going to take a check for 8k and see what happens. Hell hes got that in the motor.....balanced and blueprinted turbo, new motor......etc.

I got the hell scared out of me as a kid in one and have never lost that twinkle in my eye for one.

·
Banned
6,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
bbomar said:
Make sure you test drive it, and have it looked over before any cash trades hands.

The Trans. in those things get abused, and are not cheap.

Also, the Turbos should be looked at very carefully by someone qualified to do so.
thats the input i am searching for......what to look at when i go see it. Did they have the 4LE tranny???? The turbo is tip top......almost new and balanced and blueprinted.

·
Banned
27,783 Posts
roy365 said:
thats the input i am searching for......what to look at when i go see it. Did they have the 4LE tranny???? The turbo is tip top......almost new and balanced and blueprinted.
Don't remember the trans, but rmembering when the police used them around here they had them rebuilt with upgraded pieces/parts.

Does he have all the receipts for the work done??

If he does, check the place that did the work to verify it was actually done.

Then check and see if they are a good company.

·
Registered
265 Posts
I love those cars. I'm a Buick guy. I own an original 1969 Skylark conv.
If the paint is original on the GN, check for small cracks in the paint at the top of the rear corner panel. This was common in the ones that were driven hard; caused by body torque.
A co-worker has one. He took me for a ride when it was new. Broke the tires loose and got a little sideways at 35mph. What a ride!

Attachments

·
Banned
6,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
EP6:11 said:
I love those cars. I'm a Buick guy. I own an original 1969 Skylark conv.
If the paint is original on the GN, check for small cracks in the paint at the top of the rear corner panel. This was common in the ones that were driven hard; caused by body torque.
A co-worker has one. He took me for a ride when it was new. Broke the tires loose and got a little sideways at 35mph. What a ride!
Paint isnt original, plus they debaged it. Only by the interior pics can you tell its a GN. This one is mainly for go....no show, hence the asking price.

·
Registered
265 Posts
roy365 said:
Paint isnt original, plus they debaged it. Only by the interior pics can you tell its a GN. This one is mainly for go....no show, hence the asking price.
Sounds like a fun car to own. My friend's 1987 GN made my 1989 Mustang GT look SLOW! Go for it and find a good hook up for tires!!

·
Banned
6,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
EP6:11 said:
Sounds like a fun car to own. My friend's 1987 GN made my 1989 Mustang GT look SLOW! Go for it and find a good hook up for tires!!
Yeah...it wasnt the fastest production car for nothing!!!! Been wanting a project car, and i dont ever hardly ride my bike. Plus until some new stuff comes out for my Titan i am in serious want of a 10-11 sec daily driver. :gunz:

·
Registered
740 Posts
You'll shoot your eye out kid!:)

·
Premium Member
75,682 Posts
a guy that used to drive for my dad had a GN.. it was badass. as the story goes i guess he happened to be driving past the dealership one night when it was closed. there sitting in all its glory was the GN. he walked up to find the door open, not thinking much of it, he hopped in. that is when he noticed the keys were in the ignition. Herbie, being an honest man, took the keys, locked the car, and went home. He then walked into the dealership the very next day and asked for the manager. He threw the keys to the manager and explained what had happened. Herbie said he really wanted the car, he got a great deal.

Flash forward about 10 years. Herbie has the car parked infront of his home. We were drinking over a buddies house, when two guys started an altercation.. it started heading down the street. In a matter of minutes one guy had the other in a head lock and thought it would be a good idea to smash his head into the hood of the GN. Herbie is about 5'4" on a tall day and probably weights only 135 at most. The two guys fighting were both over 6' 200+ pounds... I had never seen to big guys **** bricks before.

Needless to say it was a good thing I happened to be there and knew all parties involved. Herbie got a new hood and paint job and the big guys got to live.

·
Registered
265 Posts
DeadRiver said:
a guy that used to drive for my dad had a GN.. it was badass. as the story goes i guess he happened to be driving past the dealership one night when it was closed. there sitting in all its glory was the GN. he walked up to find the door open, not thinking much of it, he hopped in. that is when he noticed the keys were in the ignition. Herbie, being an honest man, took the keys, locked the car, and went home. He then walked into the dealership the very next day and asked for the manager. He threw the keys to the manager and explained what had happened. Herbie said he really wanted the car, he got a great deal.

Flash forward about 10 years. Herbie has the car parked infront of his home. We were drinking over a buddies house, when two guys started an altercation.. it started heading down the street. In a matter of minutes one guy had the other in a head lock and thought it would be a good idea to smash his head into the hood of the GN. Herbie is about 5'4" on a tall day and probably weights only 135 at most. The two guys fighting were both over 6' 200+ pounds... I had never seen to big guys **** bricks before.

Needless to say it was a good thing I happened to be there and knew all parties involved. Herbie got a new hood and paint job and the big guys got to live.
Don't EVER mess with a guy's Buick!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts