Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I pull the Titan into my garage, I like to park as close as I can to the garage door because I've got a work bench cabinet with drawers up front that I want to be able to access easily. Sometimes I guess right how far to pull up, sometimes wrong.

So I want to put a parking aid in. I know people have used a tennis ball on a rope for years, but I'd like to find something that doesn't hang down in the way when I pull out of the garage, because sometimes I use my garage for other work and I don't want to dodge a tennis ball.

What have you guys used (brand, source, cost) and are you happy with it? Pitfalls that I haven't thought of? Etc.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Tennis ball on a rope hanging from the ceiling...LOL Works great!

Reactions: T-Dog23 and Citadel

·
Registered
855 Posts
i just use a small piece of 2x4 on the floor, when the tire hits it stop, lol

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
Tennis ball on a rope hanging from the ceiling...LOL Works great!
OP just said he don't want a tennis ball.

I don't have any ideas, maybe fasten a 1x3 down to the floor where your front tires will need to be.

Be a slight tripping hazard though without the truck in there.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Reverse sensors or camera. I have both and park within 2 inches of the door consistently.

·
Registered
10 Posts
+1. Laser parking is probably the best idea if you don't want stuff hanging down. They have those "STOP" signs that light up as well but I don't know if it's tall enough to be able to see from the T.

·
Super Moderator
161,880 Posts
X3 on the laser gizmos. Works great.

·
Registered
369 Posts
X4 on laser. I have two. One for me, one for the wifeys pathy. Got them at Home Depot for about 30.00 IIRC.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I tried a few of them but I have the wall where I need to mount full with storage cabinets, yard tools on hooks, etc. I tried to mount it to the cabinets but it seemed there was too much interference or something and unpredictable So I went back to the reliable tennis ball method.

·
Super Moderator
161,880 Posts
My laser guides are both mounted on the ceiling, motion activated. Works on wifey's car, the one that gets parked inside. Shines right down through the windshield to an area on the center console. X marks the spot. Lets her put it in the right spot to have the back end close to the garage door leaving lots of room in the front to get to the fridge out there. The one with the beer in it, so that's important. :cheers:

Won't work for the truck, though. The truck will fit in the garage, but there's only a little more than an inch of room both front and back. The laser thing isn't precise enough for that unless you can pull the truck in to the EXACT same spot every time and at the EXACT same angle. Had to fab up some wheel stops that go against the front wall, keeping those lights on the bull bar right about an inch from hitting.

·
Registered
286 Posts
OP just said he don't want a tennis ball.

I don't have any ideas, maybe fasten a 1x3 down to the floor where your front tires will need to be.

Be a slight tripping hazard though without the truck in there.
sorry missed that part........:ftard:

·
Registered
135 Posts
I bought an orange construction cone with a piece of foam sticking out of the top from Home Depot and marked the ground where it should sit. When i hit the cone with my license plate, I stop. Since it is not permanent, you can move it as needed.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Clever tennis ball method.

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
I made one out of a snow stick (those reflective poled you stick in the lawn so snow plows dont chew up your turf), a 8" long 2x4, and an irrigation system flag. I drilled a hole in the 2x4 same diameter as the reflector pole, stuck the pole in, then duct taped the flag horizontally so in the winter when the truck isnt hooked up to the landscape trailer in the garage, I back up, use my mirror and when I see the flag move a little, I know my bumper hit the stick and i'm backed in all the way but not too far that I run into the trailer. Duct tape it to the floor so it dont move but can still be moved if necessary. Didnt cost me a dime

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
That's pretty slick with the tennis ball attached to the garage door. I may rig something like that up. For now I put a screw in the wall so that just as I pass it out of view on the passenger side, I know I'm far enough. I may change it to a big red line.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts