Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i want to know if there is a way i can get more height out of my cst 4". I really dont want to change out the spindles. Any ideas?

·
Registered
984 Posts
Add a spacer.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
984 Posts
With a spacer will i need to get anything else for the front?

how could i make the back level with it?
Depends on the size of the spacer. Depending on how close your UCA to coil bucket is you could sneak a 1-2" spacer. As for the rear I'd get a 4" block and see if your shocks can support them.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Depends on the size of the spacer. Depending on how close your UCA to coil bucket is you could sneak a 1-2" spacer. As for the rear I'd get a 4" block and see if your shocks can support them.
Do you know which shock WILL support them?

·
Registered
984 Posts
Do you know which shock WILL support them?
I'm assuming since you're running pro comp rears they came from a 6" Titan lift. If so, they should be able to run a 4" block no problem. Otherwise go to PRG and pick 5125 rears that support 4-5" of rear lift.

·
Registered
620 Posts
maybe I'm confused but if he already has coilovers won't that keep him from being able to also add a spacer?

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
maybe I'm confused but if he already has coilovers won't that keep him from being able to also add a spacer?
greg (PRG) could machine a 1/2" spacer for him to run on top of his Dr's, though IIRC anything more is not recommended...

Up your preload a bit ABD, that'll give you more hight real fast...

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
greg (PRG) could machine a 1/2" spacer for him to run on top of his Dr's, though IIRC anything more is not recommended...

Up your preload a bit ABD, that'll give you more hight real fast...
so just turn that thing on my coilovers? so you i could add a 4 inch bock to the back and get it level?

·
Registered
620 Posts
Ya I just figured you already had your coilovers cranked up to where you wanted them and you wanted extra lift on top of that. But they should be adjustable and you'll probably get the extra lift you're looking for. I'm very familiar with coilovers but im sure someone can help you out on it

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
The stock replacement DRE, (Icon), coilovers can be set anywhere between 0" and 3" lift with stock UCA's. Greg used to sell a kit wit a 0.6" spacer for an additional inch of lift, or so you could back off on the preload, i.e. get 3" lift with 2" of preload. The spacer required aftermarket UCA's. [You can treat a spindle lift like stock as far as lifting with leveling kits, struts, '08+ 4x4 coils, but with the DRE's if you want more than 3" or a better ride, you need a custom spacer and aftermarket UCA].

There is also the hat flip, which is basically turning the top mount upside down. This adds about 1.5" of length to the DRE's, and 2.5" of lift. With the Chaos arms, I had a lot of coil bucket contact, and had to grind the coil bucket's lips a bunch. They would still lay across the bucket surface. The PRG UCA's provide more clearance but at least one guy on here had contact even with them. So probably better to stay with a custom spacer. Gut feeling, on an '04-'07, I would go with a 0.9" thick spacer for 1.5" of lift with the Chaos and maybe the RC UCA's, and I'd guess up to 1.1" with the later rev. of the PRG UCA, for 1.8" lift, in addition to the coil preload.

Btw, there's a set screw that needs to be loosened before you turn the collar on the DRE's. It also is a good idea to clean and lube the threads first, and jack up the front of the truck, (you'll still be fighting the coil, but no need to add the weight of the Titan to the fight). A piece of pipe to slip over the handle of the spanner wrench to give some leverage is also good.

The rear of the 2wd needs a CST CBDB for more than 2" of rear lift. Greg carries them. Also his shackle is a good idea, since the stock ones on early Titans unroll. And since level on your truck is 2.5", but probably really 3", that puts you at 7" and a 4" rear block would work. You definitely should get the longer 5125's from PRGproducts.com, because Greg modifies their mounts to fit the Titan.

If I didn't already have an aftermarket UCA, I would probably just set the preload for 2.5", and avoid their and the custom spacer's additional cost. Then set the shackle on the 1/2" drop setting to make up the difference.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts