Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my 04 Titan and I was wondering what all would be the BEST things to do to a 2004... CAI, Exhaust, Chip, etc... please and thank you. I am so happy with my new pick up!!! I just went Mobile 1 synthetic a couple days ago :redblob"

·
Registered
144 Posts
Yes do all 3 you'll love it.I also run mobil 1.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Awesome! What would be the best brand for them? I read somewhere that it's better to do a muffler swap for the older model trucks

·
Premium Member
9,417 Posts
I just got my 04 Titan and I was wondering what all would be the BEST things to do to a 2004... CAI, Exhaust, Chip, etc... please and thank you. I am so happy with my new pick up!!! I just went Mobile 1 synthetic a couple days ago :redblob"
Since we have the original year, there were a few changes made to future models that you would need to consider.

The original differential cover was smooth and did not dissipate heat very well.

A nice aftermarket one from Stillen, PML, or MagHytec will give you more capacity, cooler running and it's a good time to change out the fluid when you're doing it.

Also consider a new transmission pan. PML makes a good one.

We had rotors that weren't as strong as they could be and were prone to warping. Frozen Rotors makes a good set for us. I recommend Hawk Brake pads to complete the swap out.

I would do these upgrades first before moving on to other performance oriented ones.

There are many threads on CAI's/Header/Exhaust combos.

We have no chips but we do have a set of hand held tuners (Bullydog, Superchips Cortex, etc) and UpRev which is programmed right into your ECU. It's a good choice but 4x more expensive than a hand held.

Your decision depends upon your budget.

Good luck!

·
Registered
3,184 Posts
uprev isnt 4x more than a handheld.. it's only like 125.00 more..

jba catback, doug thorley long tubes, aem or volant cai and uprev should have ur truck burning some rubber :)
lastly don't forget the detroit tru trac LSD burning only 1 tire at a time is kinda ghey.. this lets u smoke 2 :)

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
I would say uprev is where is at. I though about a BD GT but then looked in to uprev. When I get headers uprev will shortly follow.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I got a Hypertech tuner, which is probably one of the cheaper handheld, and works great!!!

·
Registered
249 Posts
I am just a few months ahead of you.

I replaced the rear end cover with a factory 05 one, fluid with Mobil 1, Then Rear Shackles with PRG shackles.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Since we have the original year, there were a few changes made to future models that you would need to consider.

The original differential cover was smooth and did not dissipate heat very well.

A nice aftermarket one from Stillen, PML, or MagHytec will give you more capacity, cooler running and it's a good time to change out the fluid when you're doing it.

We had rotors that weren't as strong as they could be and were prone to warping. Frozen Rotors makes a good set for us. I recommend Hawk Brake pads to complete the swap out.

I would do these upgrades first before moving on to other performance oriented ones.

We have no chips but we do have a set of hand held tuners (Bullydog, Superchips Cortex, etc) and UpRev which is programmed right into your ECU. It's a good choice but 4x more expensive than a hand held.

Good luck!
wow all this is new I haven't read anything about it but I'm glad I have now. This is definitely something I'm going to do first. Thanks! What fluids would I be changing when changing the diff. cover?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
uprev isnt 4x more than a handheld.. it's only like 125.00 more..

jba catback, doug thorley long tubes, aem or volant cai and uprev should have ur truck burning some rubber :)
lastly don't forget the detroit tru trac LSD burning only 1 tire at a time is kinda ghey.. this lets u smoke 2 :)
Thank you I will do some research on those parts. I was considering injen cai.
Would you suggest doing the UpRev after the CAI and exhaust?
I agree one that 1 tire burn out haha!

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
Exhaust: 07-Up stock exhaust pipes with a Magnaflow, 2in 1out, muffler swap: Exhaust Thread - MightyTitans.com
Cheap and perform the same or better than the aftermarket cat backs.

CAI: Volant or S&B is my choice, because the filter is in a sealed box to keep the engine heat away from the incoming air. There are plenty of members that run the open style AEM, K&N.... ETC, that and are running very good times with them. Choose your style and budget, you will not be disappointed.

Tuner: If your planning on headers go Uprev now. If not any of the handhelds will be fine. Hypertech and Superchips are the only ones that offer handhelds for the 04.

Trutrac: The only LSD for the Titan, a must have to stay from the dreaded breaking of the spider gears.

Check out my Sig. for my mods.

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Superchips is really the only handheld for the 04. Bully dog will NOT work on an 04. If you are going to get headers soon, don't worry about the handheld and get uprev. A cat-back exhaust is what you would need, really depends on what sound you're going for and how much you're looking to spend. Same thing with the CAI.

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
JWT cams are worth the money.

·
Registered
175 Posts

Good luck!
My truck was made in 08/04 does it have those defects

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
Thanks for all the help guys, I barely got on and checked it all out. Some really good pointers from everyone. I am think gonna go hunt down a AEM CAI and do some reaseach on catback, I'd like dual exhaust ... From there save for UpRev then tru trac. Thanks, now I can surely get the ball rolling!!!

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Im also running an 04 that i bought stock a year ago...or at least i think it was stock. It has the off road package and this may make me sound like an idiot but im not sure if those models came with an LSD or not but i know mine has one??? Anyway i started with an AFE CAI and then added a JBA catback exhaust as well as Uprev. I couldnt be happier with it even though its only slightly modded. Im hopefully getting an IPT trans in the spring as well as JWT s7 cam. Anyway i highly recommend the JBA system as well as the AFE and definitely UPREV!!! That is the best money that you will ever spend.

Oh and by the way modding is very very contagious...you have been warned!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts