Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I just bought a 2010 nissan titan XE 2wd i want to lift it 4" and put 35's on it, now here's some of the questions i have. First off I just paid for all of the warranties possible will they be completely void if i lift it? Second, whats the average cost for this lift tires i know are going to be 1800 but want to know what a good lift would cost

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
PRG makes some good stuff, but i have my stock shocks with the stage 1 procomp lift spacers and the extended sway bar brackets for sale for 95 shipped. It normally goes with the lift for 6 inches, but procomp does not have a true 6 inches of lift because the spacer itself is 5 inches, perhaps you can mix and match parts to help lift your T for a better deal. But goodluck with everything.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
right on thank you what about the warranties i got the full wrap warranty as well will that be effected?
lift should not be an issue at a dealership, atleast at mine. We sell new trucks lifted 6 or more inches all the time with tires and everything. Wrap should not be a problem, I havent had it.

·
Registered
14,148 Posts
It will void your warranty if they can prove the lift ruined a part. So if your hub goes out they will blame the big tires and lift same story with say your steering rack. But some dealerships are nice about it. I vote spindle lift. It's cheap and gives you a lot of options for future mods. x2 on prg products

·
Registered
365 Posts
i agree with every one else about that lift, get the spindle lift.
dealerships dont really trip off of bolt on lifts, they trip if you had to do any visible cutting to the frame.

·
Premium Member
1,788 Posts
The bottom line if you lift your truck you are most likely asking for trouble with the warranty. You have Magnuson–Moss Warranty Act that is suppose to protect consumers from dealers pulling crap about aftermarket parts damaging OEM parts. There are a few dealerships that might work with you but more often they will give you are hard time. Nissan consumer affairs is a joke. You risk things like the transmission and rear diff warranty since they will say the drive shaft angles have changed putting on extra stress.
IMO it isn't worth the risk on a new truck to lift it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yeah i figure no matter what they're gonna try and give me a hassle if anything goes wrong, but i tell you what this truck compared to my 05 ford 5.4 xlt that ford had nothing on this truck i couldnt beleive the difference and these trucks are just so sexy lifted but i did spend like 2500 on the warranty last month when i bought it

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Awesome, you dont live too far from us here at Sonora Nissan down in Yuma, AZ! We have a great service department and help people all the time, and if you have any issues, I encourage you to come to us, we would help you out no problem, but you shouldnt have too much trouble unless you plan on running the Baja 500 or something :teeth:

·
Registered
869 Posts
I'm surprised nobody mentioned that 35s won't fit with a 4" lift. It's tight with a 6" lift as it is.

·
Premium Member
7,675 Posts
I'm surprised nobody mentioned that 35s won't fit with a 4" lift. It's tight with a 6" lift as it is.
How do you figure since there are people who.have 35s on stock rims with a leveling kit

Sent from my Samsung Fascinate using the auto guide app

·
Registered
2 Posts
A question

I have a 2006 Nissan Titan 4x4. I am looking to put some 35's under it and was wondering if a 3 inch body lift and a 3 inch leveling kit will work good together? I really don't want to put the $1,200 or $1,300 on a 6 inch lift.

·
Premium Member
7,675 Posts
Yeah you could couple the rough country leveling kit with a body lift and fit 35s I would bet.

Sent from my Samsung Fascinate using the auto guide app

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Right on another Mesa T! Yeah do prg products, greg is legit. Welcome to TT, if you have any questions about your T ask it here. Plenty of dudes here that are knowledgeable about our trucks and are happy to help.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using AutoGuide App

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
I have a 2006 Nissan Titan 4x4. I am looking to put some 35's under it and was wondering if a 3 inch body lift and a 3 inch leveling kit will work good together? I really don't want to put the $1,200 or $1,300 on a 6 inch lift.
Are you gonna install the body lift yourself? I heard its a biatch. You will have no problems with 35s under that combo. With a 3" leveling kit you will have a lot coilbucket contact.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
35s will fit with a 4" lift.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
so went down to the dealership today Earnhardt Nissan in superstition springs area where i bought the truck and the service supervisor comes out and says this: "Oh your going to void almost every warranty on the truck that means anything to you by doing that, every titan I've seen lifted has to replace the transmission mounts at least once a year. The transmission warranty is gone because you will change the angle of the driveshaft and a whole bunch of other BS" he literally told me the only thing ill have left is electrical and maybe my compression warranty on the engine but even that he might be able to prove the lift with heavier tires would cause more strain on the motor to cause it to foul - I almost wanted to smack him at this point haha so i left and am thinking about just getting my all terrains at 33's with it stock like i have now but A/T's instead of street tires and saying forget it

1 - 20 of 32 Posts