Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright guys, so I've had the 18" Magnaflow SIDO muffler on the truck for about 2 years. And I'm getting tired of the CIS sound. I don't want the truck to be loud, but I want a nice DEEP sound to it. I don't mind it getting a little louder than it is, but I don't want it super loud and I don't want any CIS. I know next to nothing about exhausts except that to get the deep sound, you have to run larger diameter pipes.

So what are my options? I'm looking at getting an exit similar to this one except I want black rolled tips.

Also, does any one have any idea how much this is going to cost me? Thanks.

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Bump! Bump!

·
Registered
126 Posts
i cant help much with info, but that does and would look sweet!! i dont get much CIS with my maggy, but i do want something a little louder and deeper as well..

·
Registered
14,140 Posts
I love how those pipes exit on that raptor. Borla muffler maybe? I'd say banks, but it likes to pop at the top end.

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I love how those pipes exit on that raptor. Borla muffler maybe? I'd say banks, but it likes to pop at the top end.
Could I do a straight DIDO Borla Muffler swap and then run duals out the back? Do you think to get that deep sound I'd need to run HF cats or new larger diameter pipes? I'm just really craving that deep sound and know that the exit would look killer.

·
Registered
17,713 Posts
My borla is deeper IMO then the maggy and has no CIS. My dream setup would be dual 3" pipes and HF cats to a set of Borla XR1's

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My borla is deeper IMO then the maggy and has no CIS. My dream setup would be dual 3" pipes and HF cats to a set of Borla XR1's

YouTube - 07 Nissan Titan Borla Exhaust
I wish I could hear one of these in person...none of the sound clips on YouTube are all that good and a lot of them sound like they still have the CIS sound. And how loud is that Borla? I don't want it to be obnoxious.

Also, I can't remember right now, but what are the inlet outlet sizes of the stock exhaust? And would it pay off (as far as a deep tone is concerned) to have a larger diameter pipe after the muffler to the tips?

·
Registered
14,140 Posts
Bump...I wanna know the ideal set up for deep non cis exhaust..

·
Registered
17,713 Posts
With stock piping my pro xs has no CIS at all... 04-07's I have 2.5" pipes and the newer ones have 2.25" pipes. I know that some people don't like the 3" pipes because they think that it loses power but I don't buy it. 3" pipes will definetely have a lower tone

·
Registered
17,713 Posts
On a scale of one to ten my exhaust is probably about a 5, stock being a 3

·
Registered
14,140 Posts
With stock piping my pro xs has no CIS at all... 04-07's I have 2.5" pipes and the newer ones have 2.25" pipes. I know that some people don't like the 3" pipes because they think that it loses power but I don't buy it. 3" pipes will definetely have a lower tone
The pipes went smaller on the new ones? I thought they improved the exhaust system, so i thought they went bigger and with no more crimp bends.

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
17,713 Posts
The pipes went smaller on the new ones? I thought they improved the exhaust system, so i thought they went bigger and with no more crimp bends.
The newer trucks have duals coming in a DISO muffler. They have no y pipe. The pipes were made smaller for different backpressure. Lots of guys swap newer pipes onto older trucks

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Exactly. But he and I both have the newer trucks. I wanna keep the stock pipes to the muffler and do another muffler swap and then have my tips exit like the ones in the pic. I just need to find a new muffler that is going to have a deeper sound w/ little to no CIS.

I saw this in another thread, but can anyone vouch for it?
Borla 400286 - Borla Performance Turbo XL Mufflers - Overview - SummitRacing.com

1 - 14 of 14 Posts