Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have a 3” ICON suspension system with the UCS that can be lubed with the zerk fittings. The detections ask to loosen the UCA bolts and lube every 3000 miles, is a big job. I did one side today and had to remove the inner fender liner and struggle with lack of room to use my torque wrench. Is this really necessary, if so any tips on how to make it any easier? Thanks!
Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Bumper Automotive design

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
So I have a 3” ICON suspension system with the UCS that can be lubed with the zerk fittings. The detections ask to loosen the UCA bolts and lube every 3000 miles, is a big job. I did one side today and had to remove the inner fender liner and struggle with lack of room to use my torque wrench. Is this really necessary, if so any tips on how to make it any easier? Thanks! View attachment 556927
See if you can put some 90 degree grease zerks on… Looks like that might make it easier to get the grease gun in there…

·
Registered
25 Posts
I got a right angle adapter for my grease gun but will likely end up putting 90 degree zerks on. I won't be loosening and retightening the bolts....way too much of a pain getting to those bolts.

·
Registered
2019 titan sv 4x4
1 Posts
So I have a 3” ICON suspension system with the UCS that can be lubed with the zerk fittings. The detections ask to loosen the UCA bolts and lube every 3000 miles, is a big job. I did one side today and had to remove the inner fender liner and struggle with lack of room to use my torque wrench. Is this really necessary, if so any tips on how to make it any easier? Thanks! View attachment 556927
what icon lift is that?

·
Registered
17 Titan SV
52 Posts
Were you able to push grease through without loosening the bolts?
I would think you should, I thought I recall a groove in the outside of the bushing sleeve that should allow the grease to be distributed. I am needing to install some 90s on mine as well.

·
Premium Member
4,879 Posts
I tried but it just comes back out the fitting.
That’s an absolutely extraordinary amount of effort added to your normal maintenance and that would preclude me from buying them. What about the non mechanical type of truck owner who would have to pay for this on a regular basis?
Something is ridiculously wrong with this picture.

Clint

·
Registered
5 Posts
Ask thebassn8tr if he has any tips for loosening those nuts. He sells and installs the kits so I bet he can provide a tip that will make the job easier.

·
Premium Member
4,879 Posts
Ask thebassn8tr if he has any tips for loosening those nuts. He sells and installs the kits so I bet he can provide a tip that will make the job easier.
Name any other zero lubed item that needs to be undone to grease it. It’s not worth the effort in so little miles.

Clint

1 - 11 of 11 Posts