Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just installed my new icons. rear was a breeze. had a little trouble getting out the front oem coilover on pax side. fought with the MF until I put a slice in the outer cv boot! totally pissed! called around here in hawaii and the stealerships want at least $350+ thats robbery I say! driver side went without a hitch. looked at a parts schematic, is it hard to replace for a DIYer? dont want to mess something else up.:bangit:

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Been searching everywhere for a how to on removing the half shaft but cant seem to find any. Anyone have a link for this? Hopefully with pics. Mahalo in advance!!!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
When removing coilover I managed to put a nice slice in the outer boot so grease came squirting out.

·
Registered
501 Posts
You'll have to replace the boot. It's pretty easy. Remove the 6 bolt from at the diff and the axle nut on the other end. With everything unbolted knock the axle through the wheel bearing. Tip: when removing the axle, remove the coilover first. Once the cv axle is removed, look up "How to Replace CV Boots" on you tube. It was very help when installing my extended axles.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Mahalo! Ive read somewhere that i must remove brake caliper and rotor,also disconnect the spindle from upper control arm for ...clearance im guessing. Can anyone confirm this step?
Also do you think I can get the axel nut (32mm)??? off without an impact wrench? I watched some Aussie guy change out the outer boot grease it up install new boot button her up in about 5 minutes. He didnt have any special tools except a big pursuader hammer and the boot strap tool.

·
Registered
501 Posts
No you don't have to remove the brake cal or rotor. I have removed mine with the wheel on before. Just removed the center cap. You can buy a 32mm socket at auto zone or local auto parts store. A impact wrench helps but it can be done without. Just leave the wheel mounted and remove the center cap. Leave the wheel on the ground so it won't spin. Then all you need is a 32mm socket, maybe an extension, and breaker bar. it pretty easy, but really messy.

Yeah, I watched the same video and did exactly what he did.

Nissan Parts, Nissan Truck Parts, Nissan Suspension Kits, 4x4 Parts | 4x4parts.com has the boots and clamps.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So after popping cap to remove 32mm nut do I then jack up truck and remove wheel, remove front coilover, undo 6 bolts holding shaft on diff side. Push shaft out of wheel and pull shaft out???

1 - 8 of 8 Posts