Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my 2011 Pro4x that I just purchased has a rear air bag suspension system.
I could use an ID first, if anyone knows the brand, or where I can find info on the bags themselves about the brand.
I would like an owners manual for them, and recommended pressures.
Everyday road driving = 0-10 PSI
Serious offroading = 10-15 PSI
Light hauling = 10-15 PSI
Heavy Hauling = Level it out, but max 80PSI
Min PSI
Max PSI

As far as height, the measurement from the bottom of the fender at top arc to ground at 0PSI = 39", and 60PSI was about 43"
I did notice that it take very little air to make a different, i have a small shop pancake compresser, and it took them off the chart very quickly. The only tire gauge i had i think was designed for ATVs, so it maxed out at 60PSI.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
58,259 Posts
So my 2011 Pro4x that I just purchased has a rear air bag suspension system.
I could use an ID first, if anyone knows the brand, or where I can find info on the bags themselves about the brand.
I would like an owners manual for them, and recommended pressures.
Everyday road driving = 0-10 PSI
Serious offroading = 10-15 PSI
Light hauling = 10-15 PSI
Heavy Hauling = Level it out, but max 80PSI
Min PSI
Max PSI

As far as height, the measurement from the bottom of the fender at top arc to ground at 0PSI = 39", and 60PSI was about 43"
I did notice that it take very little air to make a different, i have a small shop pancake compresser, and it took them off the chart very quickly. The only tire gauge i had i think was designed for ATVs, so it maxed out at 60PSI.
No, No, No! Never run airbags at 0 PSIG. At least 5 PSIG at all times.

I don't take my truck off roading but for light and heavy hauling I level the bed. If it won't level by the time I have the pressure to 80 PSIG the load is too heavy.

Reactions: Walrus

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I got to tell ya, my wife about peed her pants when the truck raised ~4 inches in ~5 seconds the first time I put the shop air on it...

After finding the applications manual, not exactly what i was looking for, but i think these are airlift ride control bags.
As the truck sits now, with crappy, almost dead, no-name 275/70R18s, the fender arc is 39 and 3/4 inches on both fronts.
With 23 PSI in both sides on the rear, it is 40" in the back. I didn't notice a "harder" or rougher ride, but if it does take some of the slop or "rock and roll" out of it, I'm good with that.
So its level now, if anything, or a 1/4 inch rake angle.
So until I get new tires this fall before hunting season - 23 psi every day, up to 100 to level it for loads.

·
Premium Member
141,094 Posts
Those are airlift.
As Quartz said, 5 psi at all times.

I had them and I did lots of towing. The bags will keep you off the bump stops.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
End story:
in 2019, one of the rears blew out. Was due for a complete suspension upgrade regardless.
Went with new bilstien 5150s, ripped out the airbags, and replaced with a roadmaster active suspension system.
over a year of heavy offroading and hauling later, I couldn't be more happy with the results.
From these pics, the only change now Is i have completely removed the old bumpstop on the springs, as it would only interfere with the active suspension.
--

1 - 6 of 6 Posts