Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know, seems like a stupid question...but I bought a '17 SV this winter and just got around to servicing diffs etc. I thought there was only one rear axle on 2nd gen Titans, so I ordered the Mag Hitec cover. When I crawled under the truck I realized my rear end doesn't look like any I've seen on the forum, or YouTube. And it doesnt appear that the bolt pattern is anything close to the Mag Hitec cover.

So what do I have here? Do they make aftermarket covers for it? I can't find any 2nd gen diff threads for non-XD trucks...

Attachments

·
Registered
2017 titan sv 4x4 with tech, convinience, tow, navigation, and Texas packages
5,871 Posts
Hey, welcome to the club. I thought the difference were something like a modified d44. 226?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Interesting. I was surprised not to see a finned cover like the 1st gens have.

Do all 2nd gen non-xd's have the same rear diff or does this SV come with a different diff than the higher trim levels??

·
Registered
2021 Titan Pro4x
747 Posts
Interesting. I was surprised not to see a finned cover like the 1st gens have.

Do all 2nd gen non-xd's have the same rear diff or does this SV come with a different diff than the higher trim levels??
My 21’ P4X rear diff:

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Automotive lighting

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Looks familiar! After doing a service on these and seeing how easy it is, I think I'm just going to stick with the stock cover and not mess with aftermarket. Thanks for the help guys.

If anyone knows exactly what these diffs are, I'd still be interested in knowing....

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
Front and rear diffs now made by AAM(american axle mfg)

They make drivetrain products for GM, Ram, Nissan and many others… U can kinda technically say u hava a “Chevy” rear end😂😂

Good units…

1 - 7 of 7 Posts