Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody actually recieved the notice for this recall in the mail yet? Is it a legitimate recall? I suspected to be notified by now. I have an 06.

·
Registered
6,823 Posts
It's legit. I received mine about four weeks ago.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Same. Just before Christmas.

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Yeah, I got one also. Not worth driving to the dealer to get another relay as I have two spares already.
So, they don't replace the whole IPDM board when you bring it in? Just the relay???

·
Registered
6,823 Posts
Just the relay.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Has anybody actually recieved the notice for this recall in the mail yet? Is it a legitimate recall? I suspected to be notified by now. I have an 06.
Sorry to ask this I have a 06 also that I just purchased it has 100k on it.
Would mine still be under this recall?
What is this IDPM recall all about?
What is involved with the relay?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
sure, your covered, but you wont be notified because your not the original owner. then again, i am the original owner and i havent been notifed either......maybe soemday. I think it includes all 06's. I dont know as much about it as others here, basically ignition relay known to go bad and leave you with a no start condition

i wonder if i shoudl call the dealer and ask why i havent been notified? did i mention i hate my dealer and all their mechanics should be hanging from trees eating banannas?

·
Registered
5,251 Posts
an owner of an 06 went to the dealer for some work and mentioned this recal. they said his trucks vin wasnt on the list. I think some 06s fall under the warrenty and some dont.

·
Registered
940 Posts
I have a 05 and i got the same recall.

·
Registered
358 Posts
just bring it in and dealership will check the vin number even without the notice, thats what i did then found out i still have one more recall to be done. second owner here

·
Registered
563 Posts
Lol its funny, I received mine right before christmas and tossed it, week and a half later the truck died while idling in the driveway, wouldnt restart, ended up being the relay.

·
Registered
940 Posts
Oh man that sukss. But funny! It was a stealership grinch!!! Going in for regular service so gona let them chang it to.. wonder if thisbwill affect the bullydog power pup??

·
Registered
3,674 Posts
I got the recall notice last week and took it in today to get the relay replaced. Took about 30 minutes from the time I got there to the time I left.

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
isnt there some way to check if your VIN is on the recall list without having to deal with the stealership in any way, shape or form? I thought this info was available on-line somewhere.....

·
Registered
6,823 Posts
isnt there some way to check if your VIN is on the recall list without having to deal with the stealership in any way, shape or form? I thought this info was available on-line somewhere.....
Call any Nissan dealer and have them check your VIN#.

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Call any Nissan dealer and have them check your VIN#.
I did that and indeed my truck is on the recall list. the dealer service rep. suggested that I never got the notice in the mail because it may have got lost.....well see. maybe ill get it at a later date.

do u come off of the notification list after the dealer records that your vehicle was serviced?

·
Registered
6,823 Posts
I did that and indeed my truck is on the recall list. the dealer service rep. suggested that I never got the notice in the mail because it may have got lost.....well see. maybe ill get it at a later date.

do u come off of the notification list after the dealer records that your vehicle was serviced?
Yes.......

·
Registered
23 Posts
Just call your nissan dealer and they will run the vin # real quick. I just called them yesterday and they put it on this afternoon when I got off work.

·
Registered
7,353 Posts
i just received mine today for my 05, and im not the original owner.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts