Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On the front page on Yahoo the Titan was named one of the worst values for your money in 2009. " Nissan has announced it will end production of the Titan in 2010 and is planning to replace it with a pickup based on the Dodge Ram." I know there is already a thread on this but it is 20 pages long so it is sort of old n dead

Here is the article: The Worst Cars for the Money- Yahoo! Autos Article Page

·
Premium Member
59,069 Posts
Maybe its old n dead for a reason? :confused:

·
Registered
53 Posts
I know i am repeating whats already been said, but they dont really find too much wrong with it, nor do they say it costs more in maintenance...just that it isnt attractive ?

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
All i have to say is the titan is the biggest rip on factory replacement parts. Went to a local nissan dealer and they said that a new non chrome black painted grille insert would be like $400. That is absolutely outrageous. Should be no more than 150 and thats pushin it!

·
Banned
2,738 Posts
All i have to say is the titan is the biggest rip on factory replacement parts. Went to a local nissan dealer and they said that a new non chrome black painted grille insert would be like $400. That is absolutely outrageous. Should be no more than 150 and thats pushin it!
No doubt..even replacment parts at auto stores is expensive! $250 for an alternator..I got lucky and got one for $170..but still!

·
Registered
27 Posts
the article was crap.
It's main complaint was that the Titan costs 5000.00 more that US competition. [ what? did Mississippi, where my truck was born, secede from the Union, again???]
When I bought my '05, it was more than 5000.00 cheaper than the Chevy that I was looking at, and the Chev wouldn't hold up my trailer [ squatted like a little girl!!]

·
Registered
13 Posts
Looking to buy a Titan in the next couple days this doesn't make me to confident. It seems like the only reason why is American's are to thick headed and just want their American brand truck, probably why they are stopping the "Titan" to release the updated one calling it something else but saying hey it's like a RAM!
I'm looking at the prices of trucks and it seems like the Ram is quite a bit more than the Titan too?

·
Premium Member
141,094 Posts
I read that too. Sucks. Our value will be piss when they stop making them.
I don't think so.
There a lot of similarities between Citroen and the Titan.
I was with Citroen when they pulled out of the USA market in 1972/1973.
30 some years later, Citroens are still sought after and bring good money for the right specimens.

Even some of the Hardbodies are still doing okay.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Ok, this article as well as many others puts things way out of perspective/context. They say the Titan is $5,000 or so more expensive? They're only saying that because the entry level Titan comes in King Cab, V8 form for ~$26K which comes with lots of options. Most other trucks (i.e. Ford, Chevy, Dodge) come in regular cab, V6, manual, no options form for workers/companies that of course begin at a lower price point. Also, other trucks blow away the Titan in sales because many other trucks have those lower end body/engine/tranny options that they contract out to companies/government. The Titan doesn't do that (which it should in its next generation). My Titan I bought brand new 2008.5 SE CC 4x4 with Pop Pkg, Max Utility Pkg, BT Pkg. Sticker price was $37,500. I paid $27,000 which was WAY lower than similar equipped competition. Yes it tows less, less power, not as fast in 0-60/quarter miles...but it's also outdated. Most other full-size trucks had major overhauls in '07-'09 (i.e. government owned GM/Chrysler) to pull them ahead of the Titan. Remember, when the Titan was first introduced...IT blew the competition out of the water and won Motortrend's Truck of the Year. The Titan is still a strong, capable truck...just getting old and due for a refreshening with better advertisement and more options (hopefully in 2014?).

I know I sound a bit heated, but this isn't an "attack" on anyone. Ha, just really love my Titan and I think alot of magazines/reviewers put things out of context when they write reviews.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Ha, I just realized this is a pretty old thread.

Reactions: BFALCO126

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
lol....i didn't even look at the OP's date. that was prob based on when Nissan had plans with dodge but after that fell through they announced that they will still continue the Titan line.

·
Registered
558 Posts
lol....i didn't even look at the OP's date. that was prob based on when Nissan had plans with dodge but after that fell through they announced that they will still continue the Titan line.
Heck yeah. I'm hoping they still go through with their own design. I think I read 2014 for new model. Just in time for a trade in on my '08!

·
Registered
27 Posts
The Titan may be ready for an update, but look at some of the truck challenges[ in some of the truck mags] over the last few years.
The Titan takes on the Hemi [ what, about 90 hp more?] and is never off the 1/4 mile times [ even with 6500lb trailer], by more than .2 second. In one it beat the Hemi 0-40 in the 1/4 mile.
It is still a lot of truck for the money, even if the 'big 3' did catch up with it in some ways

·
Registered
370 Posts
Back in 2006 there were only 3 Nissan Titan owners in the small city I live in, including myself. There was a Nissan dealership, but they were having a heck of a time moving trucks for some reason, and they eventually folded. I would constantly get stares in parking lots with my Titan, and lots of questions about my truck wherever I went. People would kind of smirk like they thought I was insane for buying one or something. I live in Canada, and I bought my Titan off of Ebay in the states. I saved roughly about $15,000 over buying one here at the time.

Fast forward to now, I would say there are at least 30 Titans in the area if not more, and I see WAY more of them on the road. I guess my point is, not everyone can afford new trucks, so it took a while for the used ones to get into the hands of people who can afford them. If they are happy with their used truck, chances are they will buy that brand again when the new model comes out, and then that truck passes on to another generation of used buyers.

If the next model of Titans is as good as these ones, with more modern upgrades and a fresh look, I will definately buy one, brand new this time.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts