Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 131 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,226 Posts
I need a truck so I’d have to see what’s out there at that time. I don’t trust Rams cylinder deactivation as they have lifter failures and it’s an over $3000 repair. It’s say Ford then Chevy or GMC.

Clint

·
Registered
196 Posts
I bought a 2000 gmc, loved that truck, no problems. Bought a 2007 Chevy, rattle they could never find, windshield leak they never found, there was a high pitch whistle that would come and go, under powered. I would buy another Titan if I still had real truck needs.

·
Registered
'22 ZL1/Leaf Sold ---> '21 PR '20 P4X '06 SE '16 SS <---
2,115 Posts
Lol, this thread can probably be answered differently post-covid. "Anything available" is probably an acceptable answer.

My situation has changed but not because of COVID. Now that I get a good 10-15 percent discount on GM products again, it makes more sense for me to use that discount. Having said that, I don't really like the Silverado that much. The Sierra isn't that bad, but even with my discount it might be too marked up. Then you add the cost of gas going up, it actually might make more sense to buy a beater car and just rent a truck if you don't need it daily. If I could get a Titan with the same discount I get from GM, I'd probably consider another. About the only thing that gets me about the Nissan that isn't as bad as the GM twins is how much worse resale is.

·
Registered
2019 Titan SV 4x4
29 Posts
The biggest draw to the Titan for me was the value. I didn't need it to be the best at any one thing or the most luxurious.

I'd probably go with one of the Ram 1500 Classics. You can get a really good deal on a 4x4 with a V8 if you don't care about all of the most current bells, whistles and luxuries (which I don't). It's nice truck for a reasonable price.

·
Registered
2019 Nissan Titan SV Midnight Edition
80 Posts
I'm just curious, with some people bashing the Titan, what other truck would you purchase? If your Titan completely died right now and you had to replace it, what would you replace it with?
I have ZERO loyalty to any brand. I will drive anything short of the Ford Maverick or the Honda Dumbline.

·
Registered
2017 titan sv 4x4 with tech, convinience, tow, navigation, and Texas packages
5,612 Posts
i would probably go back to a frontier, unless i got a good deal on an XD. and it would have to be really good with how prices are now.

actually, with how prices are, i would probably just drive my ranger till prices normalized on gas and trucks

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Interesting question, from my perspective. I need a trailer-puller, even though it's not going to get driven every day. Am currently waiting for time with my mechanic to get my rear axle rebuilt. It didn't make sense to do when the truck was only worth $3100, but now that the truck's worth $9600, I'll get it done.

But if I had to trade, I'd never, ever get another Ford. They really [email protected] me on warranty issues; and I don't trust the EcoBoost with all the stuff that keeps getting reported about it. Toyoter is out; I used to have to work on them, and resented getting cut up anytime I did. And their handling...bleh. Plus the 'gold-pressed latinum' you have to cough up when you need service, as they engineered in secret items that are Dealer-only maintenance. That leaves GMC (badge-engineered Chev) and Dodge. Both are pretty good choices, although I really like the idea of the air suspension which "kneels" for my old messed-up knees to be able to enter/exit. The GMs were always as easy as my Titan to get in and out of.

Why not Nissan. even though their cars and trucks have treated me so well in the past? (Owned over a dozen) The new Titan is too big/tall. When my 2004 was made, it was the perfect size for a full-size truck. Plus it handled great. Nissan has lost their bubble; they used to make great-driving cars and trucks, but something has happened and they've gone all 'Toyoter' in handling.

·
Registered
526 Posts
A 2015-2017 f150 with the 5.0. Not even interested in new model trucks. Too much tech and electronics that I don’t trust for long term ownership.

Reactions: Desertwolf

·
Registered
36 Posts
I've actually been thinking about trading in my 2022 Frontier for a Titan as I like the comfort of it much more. It had some issues with the actuator and the locking but I think I've finally resolved it after 4 trips to the dealer.

I got it in January and don't have 1500 miles on it (1496!). However I will probably have to pay a little bit on the trade to get out of the lease.

I could wait until these ridiculous prices drop and then trade out as well. Then the equity drops anyways. However, I write off the lease for business anyways so a bigger write off wouldn't be bad right now. I think taxes might get ugly this year.

Considering a Platinum Reserve but might just get an SV.

It's all up in the air right now though.

The F-150 looked nice and rode nice, however I wasn't sure about the reliability. Since I'm leasing it's not a big deal though unless it's just horrible.

·
Registered
'22 ZL1/Leaf Sold ---> '21 PR '20 P4X '06 SE '16 SS <---
2,115 Posts
I've actually been thinking about trading in my 2022 Frontier for a Titan as I like the comfort of it much more. It had some issues with the actuator and the locking but I think I've finally resolved it after 4 trips to the dealer.

I got it in January and don't have 1500 miles on it (1496!). However I will probably have to pay a little bit on the trade to get out of the lease.

I could wait until these ridiculous prices drop and then trade out as well. Then the equity drops anyways. However, I write off the lease for business anyways so a bigger write off wouldn't be bad write now. I think taxes might get ugly this year.

Considering a Platinum Reserve but might just get an SV.

It's all up in the air right now though.

The F-150 looked nice and rode nice, however I wasn't sure about the reliability. Since I'm leasing it's not a big deal though unless it's just horrible.
I really liked my PR. If I didn't downgrade from a home where home projects were an every weekend kind of thing, I probably would've held onto it. The panoroof gave it the airiness of a jeep, but the brown interior gave me a feeling of when my parents used to visit a guy that had a lot of high end leather furniture, and some deer heads mounted on his wall. All it was missing was the smell of expensive cigars. It might've been a law office that we were in. I was too young to remember. Mine was pearl white, and originally wasn't fond of the color, but it had a certain "old money" feel to it. I'd say the Titan PR is probably one of the best values in luxury trucks out there.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I really liked my PR. If I didn't downgrade from a home where home projects were an every weekend kind of thing, I probably would've held onto it. The panoroof gave it the airiness of a jeep, but the brown interior gave me a feeling of when my parents used to visit a guy that had a lot of high end leather furniture, and some deer heads mounted on his wall. All it was missing was the smell of expensive cigars. It might've been a law office that we were in. I was too young to remember. Mine was pearl white, and originally wasn't fond of the color, but it had a certain "old money" feel to it. I'd say the Titan PR is probably one of the best values in luxury trucks out there.
Thanks for the vote of confidence. I've never had a luxury trim truck before but it sure looks nice. I was trying to keep my costs low and I was living in a cheaper area now as I grew my business and waited for prices to drop. Didn't know if I'd want something flashy to stand out too much. Granted I'm in a safe area, but I am near downtown. I think it will just take getting used to mentally as I'm sure it will stand out a bit in general. Plus having family see it starts making people ask questions. :LOL:

The write offs would be bigger on it as I could write off much more than what I could on the Frontier however. These taxes are going to be intense so anything I can do to reduce them I'm all game.

I had a Tundra back in 09 that had a moonroof. I sure loved that thing. Didn't have it for very long though as this is when it was hard to get a loan and this was my first financed vehicle. They wanted me to get a co-signer or put $6k down which I didn't have at the time as my old business had losses and my vehicle broke down. That's what led me to the Titan.

Been married to it ever since. Nothing quite like it...sigh

1 - 20 of 131 Posts