Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Banned
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
dodge vs titan again!!!!

lol u might not like this or u might lol

the titan engine is actually built very similar to the hemi engine, although the titan engine looks like it has better intake and exhaust runners. hemi heads arent shabby in stock form (they outflow any gm cnc head) these are out of an 09 jeep cherokee SRT8 im fixing to start porting :) i already started porting the titan heads u can see in some pictures :D

and u wonder why dodge was gonna make the new titan :teethmast they have alot of similarities :read:

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
Dont hate dodge..... just the ram owners that think there trucks are unstopable. My first car was a 1995 dodge neon and I loved it!!!!!!

·
Registered
869 Posts
sorry man just dont see it....i see nothing that looks even close to the same...
There is nothing the same about them at all. Oval port vs square port, 2 valve vs 4 valve, dual plugs vs single. I guess the OP though that a hemispherical combustion chamber makes them similar???

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
And look at the size differance!!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
77,863 Posts
So, I wasn't the only one that had to read this twice and look at the pics a dozen times? (whew)

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
Nope! They are nothing alike. I sure am glad dodge didnt dip in to the VK at all.

·
Premium Member
2,260 Posts
Nice pics, but I don't understand where's the similarities are.. But I'm impress with the "big head" of the 5.6.

L

·
Premium Member
17,244 Posts
There is nothing the same about them at all. Oval port vs square port, 2 valve vs 4 valve, dual plugs vs single. I guess the OP though that a hemispherical combustion chamber makes them similar???
Not to mention vk56 dual overhead cam w/ no stinkin' half foot long push rods

·
Banned
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
i can honestly say that 97 % of the ones who posted dont know jack about engines and mechanics.

heres an up-to-date and wikipedia is your best friend :D

Hemi engine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

dont think its always about hemi or dodge even ford had heads built hemispherical :D

·
Banned
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
and the reason the head looks bigger is because it had the cams on top of the head not like the pushrod hemi design. and the hemi head is actually alot lighter than the titan head. jpac i work on engines as a hobby and to get some extra cash flow :) ill be flow benching the titan heads once im done with them i already have the stock flow bench numbers ;)

Reactions: jpac811

·
Banned
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hey man, can you do some aggressive P&P on some 243's?
i just finished a set of 243's today theyre going in my friends trans am thats also getting a 232 234 595 598 112 lsa cam lol :D we will be tearing into her tomorrow. also my s10 had 243s i ported and polished myself :D

·
Registered
869 Posts
i can honestly say that 97 % of the ones who posted dont know jack about engines and mechanics.

heres an up-to-date and wikipedia is your best friend :D

Hemi engine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

dont think its always about hemi or dodge even ford had heads built hemispherical :D
So your statement of "built very similar" is based solely on the hemispherical chamber?

·
Banned
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
1 - 20 of 41 Posts