Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you who garage your Titan.......If you had to do it over (the purchase) and knew you could not garage it, would you still get it? People with no garage parking available, you are more than welcome to give your views also.

·
Super Moderator
35,619 Posts
FLfinfan said:
For those of you who garage your Titan.......If you had to do it over (the purchase) and knew you could not garage it, would you still get it? People with no garage parking available, you are more than welcome to give your views also.
I knew it wouldn't fit in mine but I bought it anyway. But I don't have to deal with hurricanes and hailstones that will damage my truck, just earthquakes, fires, floods, landslides . . . . . . .California, Nature's Theme Park.

·
Registered
470 Posts
In a heartbeat. This is one fine machine and the only glitches are petty items such as the FM and power seats. It has it all, looks, power and brakes.

I couldn't fit my last two trucks in my garage either... a Frontier and Tundra.

·
Premium Member
2,763 Posts
I would just kick my wife's Neon outside if I couldn't fit it inside. Of course, if I did that I would probably be sleeping in it.

Around my neighborhood it woudn't be a problem to leave it outside. It is pretty safe in a small subdivision where everyone knows everyone else and watches out for each other.

·
Premium Member
4,088 Posts
That's a good question FLfinfan. I knew when I bought mine that it wouldn't fit. My last truck was parked outside and I had no problems with it being left outside for 10 years. I had no cracked dash, no faded uphostery, etc. I think that the tinted windows, window shade, and protectants helped out.

It would't make sense for me to buy something that wouldn't suit my needs just so I could park it in my garage. My truck is parked outside in all day anyway. If was that anal about it I would by a cloth cover and use it all the time.

I won't abuse my Titan but on the other hand I don't want to worry about it so much that I can't use it the way it should be used.

·
Premium Member
2,369 Posts
Fortunately, ours fits (Barely!) and for us it would have been a factor on whether or not to get it. I measured my garage 3 times before we bought to make sure.

IF it wouldn't have....I am not sure...Wife would not have been happy leaving it outside...

Chris

·
Registered
530 Posts
Hell, the garage is for the motorcycles...the Titan is a tool, like a hammer or a shovel. I will take care of it, but it is still a truck.

·
Premium Member
2,369 Posts
I agree with ya farmer...but without the garage, she would have me out there washing it every other day instead of on the weekends.... :jester: :jester:

Chris

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Thanks guys. I know its not some fragile little green house orchid, but I was worried about the red paint in the constant FLA sun, overnight vandals and theft. I am getting the truck in a few days. I told the dealer to get the paperwork ready and I will spend the next 2 days stripping the aftermarket stuff off my beloved Fronty. Once she is bone stock again this won't feel so weird. I know I sound silly but I am attached to her. I realize the Titan will more than help me forget about the Frontier. Just got to get her out of my sight, and concentrate on the Titan.

Step 1 = alarm, Step 2 = Tint the heck out of the windows, Step 3 = Hard Tonneau, Step 4 = stick my tounge out at all trucks I pass on the road :teethmast

·
Premium Member
2,763 Posts
Step 2 = Tint the heck out of the windows
Tinting Laws in Florida

Visor.............as1

Windshield: Presumably, NR tinting is permitted above the AS-1 line. If the law specifies only the AS-1 line, AS-1 appears. If AS-1 or specified inches appears, the AS-1 is assumed and only the number of inches down appears.

Front doors...........70%

Rear doors.........Any

Back window............Any

Generally the films are sold as 5%(limo), 20%(dark), 35%(medium), 50%(light).

·
Registered
134 Posts
Tinting Windows

I also live in FL, my old truck and my fiance's Accord had/has 20% all the way around with out any trouble from the law. I plan on putting 20% on my front windows, and adding maybe 35% to the rear just to darken it a little. There are types of tint besides the darkness, there are different metallic/reflective grades (resistant to UV). The tint that has that silver/mirror effect has the most metal (highest protection). I personally do not like the silver look, so I go down one step. The highest metallic content, but still have the black look. I never garaged my old truck, had it for 7.5 years and not a single piece of plastic was discolored.

·
Registered
278 Posts
ya i have no garage :crying: and we have alot of vehicles at my house that have taken up all the good spots.

First thing I am going to do is put tints on the truck to match the rear windows. :teethmast

·
Registered
473 Posts
I live in VA. My last truck lasted 10 years, I just waxed it and it was fine. Never spent a week in the garage.

If it is damaged, that is what insurance is for. No use trying to protect yourself from yourself. I love the truck, it makes me happy, a garage is not going to stand between me and my truck!

·
Registered
128 Posts
FLfinfan said:
Only way I would get a vehicle and keep it out is to have a light color.......man I am glad my truck fits (barely) in my garage......I am anal though.......... :teethmast

·
Registered
128 Posts
JAKE04TITAN said:
Only way I would get a vehicle and keep it out is to have a light color.......man I am glad my truck fits (barely) in my garage......I am anal though.......... :teethmast
///////////

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
I have a 2.5+ car garage with two separate doors. When I buy my Titan next year I already know it will never go in the garage even though it would fit. Keep in mind I live in Upstate NY and winters here can be extremely nasty.

There are a few basic reasons why my truck would not go in the garage.

#1- In the winter the inside of the garage is warmer than outside due to the sun and the heat of the truck. I would rather leave the truck outside and let all that road slush and salt freeze solid. If I were to park inside, the slushy salt mixture would be more liquid like, and to me that is just asking for rust to get started.

#2- There is no way I'm leaving one of my cars or the motorcycle outside...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts