Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i installed my kit, but i don't like where i got he ballist and igniter at. where did you store yours at, i'm working with lil length on all the wires so its kinda of hard to go far from the headlight

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yea i was worried about putting them their cuz of the rain. on the 08's there is a space between the light and the bumper where rain can get in

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
I have no bumper so mine are super exposed to the elements, no issues so far with lots of dust dirt and water going up there.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I had the same problem mounting mine. Short lead wires to bulbs. On my 04 I had everything except relays mounted to the plastic tray but the elements got to them and ruined one. They are genuine Phillips ballasts and bulbs so I was surprised it was damaged, but fortunately replaced under warranty. So now on my 08 I have mounted them to the steel inner frame in upper part of fender. It is a real PITA to drill the holes (you need a flex bit or angle drill) but they are well protected now. Total I had to mount 2 ballasts, 2 ignitors and 2 relays per side as both high/low beams are HID. So I started with the item with the longest wires at the furthest point from headlight opening and worked towards headlight with the final ballasts mounted at front so the short wires fit with approx 1.5" to spare to the bulbs. This also helps keep all wiring out of rain/snow.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well they are good quality, i bought the McCulloch hids. ima try to mount them to that plastic peice today. thx. everybody for the info.

·
Registered
5,541 Posts
don't understand why people blow over 200 bucks for HIDs that end up failing. mine are completely sealed, kick a$$ over halogens, have worked flawlessly for 2 years and bought them off some guy from china on ebay for 148 bucks shipped. that was 2 years ago. now the guy sells the same HID kit i have for 68 bucks on eBay. mine too have been exposed to the extreme elements even a highpressure washer. anyone else interested in HIDs i seriously suggest you not waste your money on high-priced name brand HID kits. why? waste of f*cking money.

here's the website: http://stores.ebay.com/Smart4Cars

and the install... easy as pie! all plug 'n' play!!!

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
hooligan said:
don't understand why people blow over 200 bucks for HIDs that end up failing. mine are completely sealed, kick a$$ over halogens, have worked flawlessly for 2 years and bought them off some guy from china on ebay for 148 bucks shipped. that was 2 years ago. now the guy sells the same HID kit i have for 68 bucks on eBay. mine too have been exposed to the extreme elements even a highpressure washer. anyone else interested in HIDs i seriously suggest you not waste your money on high-priced name brand HID kits. why? waste of f*cking money.

and the sad thing is everyone claims they have name brand hids when in reality there are none unless you go philips or a retro fit....I have the smart for cars one on my head lights, fogs and for my sisters yaris.. the only bulb to go bad was my fog got mud and snapped in half... then for the yaris I had to mess with some wires because toyota put them in backwards !

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
hooligan said:

:p I paid 260 for each set because sometimes chinease electronics fail and its very common for China Ballasts to go bad as well. That does not mean that they will, but I prefer US or Japan or even Korean over Chinease parts. Worth the piece of mind for me.

It is also true that some really expensive HID's will reach full brightness Much Faster and also Auto-Restrike. Neither of my JDM kits Auto Restrike and every now and then when I turn the fogs one one HID will shut off and I have to flip the switch a second time. (not that often to worry about it though). Also High end HID ballasts will be more efficient due to them using better parts and less chance of causing interfearance back into the system (or screwing up your Fm reception etc).

However, that said my dads Korean kit works as well if not better than my Japan one and I got his dirt cheap (prices have really dropped since I got mine almost 2.5 years ago ) :(

Anyways the best place for them that I have found is 1 under the collant overflow bottle and 1 under the washer fluid bottle velcroed in place. (my prefered location). No drilling need but you have to remvoe a couple bolts to move the washer/overflow bottle out of the way for the install.

But beause I have 2 kits I put the other one on the tray like everyone else.

·
Registered
5,541 Posts
Justintoxicated said:
:p I paid 260 for each set because sometimes chinease electronics fail and its very common for China Ballasts to go bad as well. That does not mean that they will, but I prefer US or Japan or even Korean over Chinease parts. Worth the piece of mind for me.

It is also true that some really expensive HID's will reach full brightness Much Faster and also Auto-Restrike. Neither of my JDM kits Auto Restrike and every now and then when I turn the fogs one one HID will shut off and I have to flip the switch a second time. (not that often to worry about it though). Also High end HID ballasts will be more efficient due to them using better parts and less chance of causing interfearance back into the system (or screwing up your Fm reception etc).

However, that said my dads Korean kit works as well if not better than my Japan one and I got his dirt cheap (prices have really dropped since I got mine almost 2.5 years ago ) :(

Anyways the best place for them that I have found is 1 under the collant overflow bottle and 1 under the washer fluid bottle velcroed in place. (my prefered location). No drilling need but you have to remvoe a couple bolts to move the washer/overflow bottle out of the way for the install.

But beause I have 2 kits I put the other one on the tray like everyone else.
nothing against you Justin but my cheapy china HIDs work flawlessly and get bright as hell in seconds. i think i'll save over 140 dollars having to wait 4 seconds more for the bulbs to reach maximum lumens than blow over 200 bucks for it to be brighter faster and to auto-restrike. wtf is that? mine stay on when i turn the switch on. also if there's ANY issue with your HIDs from this ebay dude (smart4cars) his feedback is almost flawless and will send you a new one immediately from what i've read in the feedback. dude is awesome. gonna buy a handful more and make them belated stocking stuffers.

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
hooligan said:
nothing against you Justin but my cheapy china HIDs work flawlessly and get bright as hell in seconds. i think i'll save over 140 dollars having to wait 4 seconds more for the bulbs to reach maximum lumens than blow over 200 bucks for it to be brighter faster and to auto-restrike. wtf is that? mine stay on when i turn the switch on. also if there's ANY issue with your HIDs from this ebay dude (smart4cars) his feedback is almost flawless and will send you a new one immediately from what i've read in the feedback. dude is awesome. gonna buy a handful more and make them belated stocking stuffers.
Worddd....

The smart for cars guy sent me a whole new set when I told him he shipped me dead ballasts... they didnt even ask for the old ones back...

·
Registered
5,541 Posts
killcatzforfun said:
Worddd....

The smart for cars guy sent me a whole new set when I told him he shipped me dead ballasts... they didnt even ask for the old ones back...
WAYYY OFF TOPIC BUT WTF IS UP WITH THAT AVATAR KILLER??? I SAW IT AND CRACKED THE F*CK UP!!!!!!!! STILL LAUGHING!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
775 Posts
What color/temp. are the eBay dude's lights. I could puke when I see some a$$hole kid driving toward me with blue or purple headlights! I want white or none at all. I just installed Silverstar Ultras that I got dirt cheap and they're not really as bright as I was hoping. Actually, I think they're just whiter than the halogens they replaced. Oh well. They were $19 on eBay. Can any of you guys post pics of your HID's you got from the Smart 4 Cars guy? Take pics of the lights up against a wall or your garage door. Better yet, do a side by side comparo with someone else's truck with halogens or Silverstars! Don't post pics of the lights standing in front of the truck with the lights blinding the camera like I've seen many a douchebag do....great picture of that blurry white thing, sh*t-for-brains! Get creative and help people on here who want HID's but need more convincing! :computern

·
Registered
5,541 Posts
not a comparison of the same spot but here's a pic i took right before the install, then the 2nd pic is of after the install. 68 bucks for any temp... 4500k (white), 6000k (really white), 8000k (bluish), 10000k (purple tinge), etc.

·
Registered
2,419 Posts
Well it all seems to me to be a big waste of money for more light anyhow, when ya get old like me ya can't see all that stuff in the light anyways, so why spend the money

·
Registered
5,541 Posts
Sftail1990 said:
Well it all seems to me to be a big waste of money for more light anyhow, when ya get old like me ya can't see all that stuff in the light anyways, so why spend the money
hell, i've talked to old folks with their nice luxury Lexus', BMWs, Mercedes', etc with the HIDs and even THEY rave about them. much better illumination, so don't give me the old bit. doesn't work, stop b!tching and just get them and see for yourself the difference. heck of a lot better deal in terms of illumination than one blowing money on what is an absolute waste of money on "Silverstars" and "Silverstar Ultras"... now that's a waste of money!

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
hooligan said:
WAYYY OFF TOPIC BUT WTF IS UP WITH THAT AVATAR KILLER??? I SAW IT AND CRACKED THE F*CK UP!!!!!!!! STILL LAUGHING!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
I was adding to your smart4cars statement saying that he does sell good products and the bad ones that he does send out he replaces with no problem

1 - 20 of 41 Posts