Nissan Titan Forum banner
281 - 300 of 339 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
How long was it on the lot for? My daughters car was parked for long periods of time while away at college and the flat spots and vibrations did go away. Ideally the tires should have extra air while stored to eliminate that from occurring. Hope it gets straightened out quickly.

Clint
Not sure how long it was on the lot. The rear tires were over inflated by 10 pounds according to service and they re-balanced the tires. Still didn’t fix the problem. Taking it in on Friday morning to get looked at.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Not sure how long it was on the lot. The rear tires were over inflated by 10 pounds according to service and they re-balanced the tires. Still didn’t fix the problem. Taking it in on Friday morning to get looked at.
Look at the sticker on the driver's door sill area / B Pillar. A sticker will indicate the production month and year. If you have a March 2019 and you just bought it, then your truck sat for a long time and the tires are probably flat spotted.

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
Non-XD
SV
4x4
Just bought it, had 6 miles on it and they said it was probably flat spots. Been driving it for over a 100 miles and still vibrates. Set cruise at 70 mph and it vibrates noticeably. Had a 2017 Chevy that did the same thing and here I go again. Hoping this gets resolved quickly.
Give it about a 1000 miles. They will eventually go away..

·
Registered
7 Posts
1/20 manufacture date. I’m admittedly skeptical about waiting a 1k miles after having the same trouble with the Silverado I had previously.

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
1/20 manufacture date. I’m admittedly skeptical about waiting a 1k miles after having the same trouble with the Silverado I had previously.
Air them down to 34-35 psi cold.. If u dont notice them smoothing out by 500 miles the u might have a bad tire.

I had a 17’ sl with the Goodyear sr-a tires. Truck sat on the lot for 5 months....

It took about 1000miles before they perfectly smoothed out.. Everytime I drove the smoothness gradually improved..

It took 8 months of sitting on the lot for the flat spots to form... look for improvement as your drive....

·
Premium Member
4,868 Posts
I appreciate your apprehension, you have a long warranty ahead of you, you can call the dealership and get it on record but try and see if it corrects itself with mileage. It’ll work out soon.

Clint

Reactions: FApplegate

·
Registered
7 Posts
It’s a 1/20 manufacture date. Update after appointment on Friday. Bad right rear tire, tire is getting replaced this Friday. I’ll let you know if it fixed everything.

·
Registered
7 Posts
So they road force balanced and found a bad right rear tire. Replaced the tire and still have the problem. Dealership is picking it back up Monday to work on it. Vibrates noticeably anywhere from 60-80+.

·
Registered
878 Posts
That s7cks man! I had same issue but after a new tire it was perfect...well as perfect a good year gets. They are horrible tires but still shouldn't vibrate to that point.

·
Registered
7 Posts
So they drove it, road force balanced the right rear AGAIN, because they only spun balanced it when they changed it, even the other three had been road force balanced. Dumb! It’s better, but disappointed in the ride still. Just feel a lot of road feedback in truck and steering wheel, slight vibration. I was told by a friend who has the SL it rides like a car. Not so much with this one. Still a nice truck, do t get me wrong, but not the ride I expected.

·
Premium Member
4,868 Posts
My 2018 and this 2020 have an amazingly smooth ride.
I’m wishing anyone with this vibration that they get it squared away and they enjoy it too.

Clint

·
Registered
2017 titan sv 4x4 with tech, convinience, tow, navigation, and Texas packages
4,344 Posts
My 2017 rides like a cadi and it's 4x4. It's got to be your tire

·
Registered
320 Posts
I had my truck parked for about 9 months, only moving it a few times while I worked overseas. When I returned home, I had some annoying vibration that I instantly attributed to flat spotting, but I had the tires balanced anyway. Same vibration occurred at the same speeds (70-85mph) so I got new cooper discoverer at3 xlt tires in the OEM size. The new ones were way worse and vibrated over a different and broader speed range, which I knew meant it wasn’t something wrong with the truck. I was able to return those and get some BFG KO2’s and it’s back to being smooth as silk on the highway (and all speeds).

Moral of the story: truck tires are a pain to deal with! And some of these trucks sit on the lot for 6, 7, 8 months before being sold, so it’s definitely possible they also have flat spots. Long term parking results in a 6-10th harmonic flat spot in the tire, which means you only feel the flat spots at certain speeds and they’re likely permanent. Low harmonic flat spots are felt at all speeds and they’re temporary - a result of parking the vehicle for a shorter period of time. This is especially evident on trucks with larger sidewalks with more flex and a heavier curb weight.

·
Registered
2020 Pro-4x
8 Posts
2020 Pro-4x with 2800 miles on it. I've had it since 15 miles. The vibration started occurring sporadically about 100 miles ago. Always between 60-70 MPH. You can smooth it out if you decelerate or accelerate out of that range. Sometimes it's bad enough where your voice will make a vibrato. Other times, it's barely there. Dropped it off at the dealer this morning. Will updates as I find out.

·
Registered
320 Posts
2020 Pro-4x with 2800 miles on it. I've had it since 15 miles. The vibration started occurring sporadically about 100 miles ago. Always between 60-70 MPH. You can smooth it out if you decelerate or accelerate out of that range. Sometimes it's bad enough where your voice will make a vibrato. Other times, it's barely there. Dropped it off at the dealer this morning. Will updates as I find out.
You might have thrown a weight from one of the wheels

·
Registered
2020 Pro-4x
8 Posts
You might have thrown a weight from one of the wheels
Quite possible. I'd be quite happy if it was as easy as that. If it is, I'm assuming it'd have to be in one of the rear wheels. The vibration isn't felt through the steering wheels. The only reason I can think of that the vibration is worse sometimes than other is if both wheels are out of balance and they either sink up (worse vibration) or cancel out (little to no vibration). But that's just me coming up with a hypothesis without data. I've been out of the tire business too long. I guess that's why we have a 5-year warranty.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Quite possible. I'd be quite happy if it was as easy as that. If it is, I'm assuming it'd have to be in one of the rear wheels. The vibration isn't felt through the steering wheels. The only reason I can think of that the vibration is worse sometimes than other is if both wheels are out of balance and they either sink up (worse vibration) or cancel out (little to no vibration). But that's just me coming up with a hypothesis without data. I've been out of the tire business too long. I guess that's why we have a 5-year warranty.
I just had my 2019 Pro4x at the dealer yesterday for the same vibration between 60-80mph. It's most notable at 70-75mph. I have put the bilstein 5100's on to level the front and new Toyo AT3 tires at the factory tire size. The tires were checked twice for balance and alignment and everything was good. The mechanic at the dealer test drove it and it says in their notes that they feel the vibration and it's normal due to the lift and tires. They supposedly checked the u-joints and other things and it was all tight and looked fine. It is felt more when accelerating under torque vs letting off the pedal or putting it in neutral. I don't know what else to do at this point but at least the dealer has it noted in the system and I clarified that no lift kit has been installed or oversize tires. I guess I'll just shut up and drive for now. I still love this truck!

281 - 300 of 339 Posts