Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Titan Pro-4X 2006 Titan SE (sold) Chevy SS Sedan
740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seems like we're having a shortage of just about everything these days....

·
Registered
2017 texas titan 4x4
2,478 Posts
good dang. this stuff is starting to become a joke. it seems like they are just trying to make everything into a shortage to raise the prices.

i am looking at tires right now because its time for mine to be changed

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
good dang. this stuff is starting to become a joke. it seems like they are just trying to make everything into a shortage to raise the prices.

Let's see if you can avoid the temptation of getting new wheels as well. I really like @angrebrd 's setup. I think if I got new wheels, I'd want them blacked out as well.

·
Registered
4,710 Posts
Hmmm...I just called the local Goodyear dealer last week for some tire quotes. I could get any of the AT tires they offered with no delays.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Come up to Dallas and I'll make it worth it for you. The whole set will be less than any set of new tires you're gonna get. Im moving and need them gone
Wheels & Tires only have 2500 miles on them. The wheels still have the stickers on them from the dealer. $800

·
Registered
2017 texas titan 4x4
2,478 Posts
WOW! that's a great deal, 07xln. if it wasn't such a drive, i would do it this weekend but that's even a ton of driving for a two day weekend

·
Registered
2017 texas titan 4x4
2,478 Posts
@07xln, i let the wife know so she can make the call on taking a day off to make the trip, if she wants. she seemed to not mind when we drove to Lubbock to the sport bar from Bucho so maybe she will be ok driving to dallas. its about 100 miles shorter to dallas than it was to Lubbock (which is weird because it took about 10 or 12 hours to get to Lubbock but i thought dallas was only 6-7).

google maps is usually pretty close on how long it takes to get places but it was way off on going to Lubbock. even my buddy who goes that way regularly said he doesn't know why its so off for that trip. and maybe i am just not remembering how long the dallar trip is. its been about 20 years since i made that drive

·
Registered
298 Posts
@07xln, i let the wife know so she can make the call on taking a day off to make the trip, if she wants. she seemed to not mind when we drove to Lubbock to the sport bar from Bucho so maybe she will be ok driving to dallas. its about 100 miles shorter to dallas than it was to Lubbock (which is weird because it took about 10 or 12 hours to get to Lubbock but i thought dallas was only 6-7).

google maps is usually pretty close on how long it takes to get places but it was way off on going to Lubbock. even my buddy who goes that way regularly said he doesn't know why its so off for that trip. and maybe i am just not remembering how long the dallar trip is. its been about 20 years since i made that drive
You let me know buddy.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

You let me know buddy.
I'm gonna be a little evil here.... @busemans I would try to lure @07xln into meeting you part way by offering up a meeting place such as Smitty's Market | Since 1948 | Lockhart, Texas or Kreuz Market | Lockhart BBQ | Home to Best BBQ in Texas 😈

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I’d be tempted to drive from Oregon for that bbq. Man I miss Texas sometimes!
I practically grew up on coarse-pepper sausage from Kreuz Market (small hole in the wall BBQ place in the middle of Texas). It has just the right amount of bite to it. Kreuz Market actually says they deliver nationwide. Order Kreuz Market Lockhart Texas BBQ - We Ship Nationwide The sausage is probably the only item I would say is safe for shipping. Although, my parents went out there for a trip once, and came back with some of their ribs for me a few days later. And while I did the cardinal sin of microwaving them, the meat still fell off the bone. That BBQ joint is probably one of the few places where I can eat their brisket without BBQ sauce, it's that good.

·
Registered
240 Posts
I practically grew up on coarse-pepper sausage from Kreuz Market (small hole in the wall BBQ place in the middle of Texas). It has just the right amount of bite to it. Kreuz Market actually says they deliver nationwide. Order Kreuz Market Lockhart Texas BBQ - We Ship Nationwide The sausage is probably the only item I would say is safe for shipping. Although, my parents went out there for a trip once, and came back with some of their ribs for me a few days later. And while I did the cardinal sin of microwaving them, the meat still fell off the bone. That BBQ joint is probably one of the few places where I can eat their brisket without BBQ sauce, it's that good.
I’ll look into them! Since I can’t get it here, I did the next best thing…. Bought a treagor and learned to smoke my own. Takes a lot of time, but sooo worth it.

Sorry for derailing your thread OP! :)

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I’ll look into them! Since I can’t get it here, I did the next best thing…. Bought a treagor and learned to smoke my own. Takes a lot of time, but sooo worth it.

Sorry for derailing your thread OP! :)
lol, no need to apologize for talking about BBQ. There are a few decent BBQ places in Dallas/Fort Worth, but nothing like those 2-bit little towns. The places in DFW are more concerned with volume. The places in the little towns, that's all they do all day, every day so taking their time is pretty much the secret recipe. You can't rush something like smoking a brisket.

Have u seen the price of tires!!!!
So yes…still lookin’……
I saw some OEM for the Pro-4X and I saw them at around $230 per tire. That's actually about $150 less than I paid for the last set of tires I purchased. Granted, I don't think I'd go OEM when it comes time to replace the OEMs. It's going to be hard to go into something less off-road capable, but I have to decide if I want a tire that can handle less than about 5% of the type of driving I do vs something that will handle the rest of my time behind the wheel. I know it's fashionable to get large off-road tires, but I'm going to try to do my best to be practical with my replacements.

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
lol, no need to apologize for talking about BBQ. There are a few decent BBQ places in Dallas/Fort Worth, but nothing like those 2-bit little towns. The places in DFW are more concerned with volume. The places in the little towns, that's all they do all day, every day so taking their time is pretty much the secret recipe. You can't rush something like smoking a brisket.

I saw some OEM for the Pro-4X and I saw them at around $230 per tire. That's actually about $150 less than I paid for the last set of tires I purchased. Granted, I don't think I'd go OEM when it comes time to replace the OEMs. It's going to be hard to go into something less off-road capable, but I have to decide if I want a tire that can handle less than about 5% of the type of driving I do vs something that will handle the rest of my time behind the wheel. I know it's fashionable to get large off-road tires, but I'm going to try to do my best to be practical with my replacements.
I think I decided on a 2” level and one size up Ridge Grappler tires.. About a two grand project for the “poor mans” lift!!!!

·
Registered
240 Posts
I researched tires for about six months and went with all terrain Falken Wildpeak AT3W’s. Awesome tires… good tread life, 3 peak rated if your in an area that gets snow and can handle off road task very well as long as you’re expectations are reasonable. doesn’t hurt that their typically a bit cheaper than most competitors.

I have BFG MT’s on my TJ and the Falkens will be the replacement when it’s time. Or sooner if I come across a good sale on them.

·
Registered
2017 texas titan 4x4
2,478 Posts
i get by for bbq when we travel by going east. they have great pulled pork and so many types of bbq sauce, white, yellow, red, hot, sweet, man they are good

·
Registered
240 Posts
Sometimes??? 😂
Ha, fair enough :) I’d probably move back in a heartbeat if it was doable at this time. Maybe someday.

But Oregon is a great state to live…… if you get past the laws, policies, typical blue state shenanigans and most of all cesspool known as Portland.

·
Registered
2017 texas titan 4x4
2,478 Posts
so, as long as you are in the eastern side, ha ha ha. same as Washington state and a lot of cali

1 - 20 of 29 Posts